Can't believe the state of the XBOX 360 DVD playback....

Permabanned
Tried it today and its terrible. skips frames all the time. I new it was supposed to be bad but blimey!!

My old Celeron 450 managed smooth DVD playback, whats gone wrong?

Do you think it will be fixed with a patch or something. I wanted to use this as my main DVD player downstairs but I cant now!! :mad:

Dont they test these things before making them.

Sorry for the rant......

I haz 4090!
Don
It is pap. It's only really designed to be the main DVD player for regular people though. Not techies like us who notice every blurred pixel. :)

Permabanned
OP
Just thought that a console with that power would be able to play a DVD. Im not that bothered about super pictures or anything just smooth playback and it cant manage it!!!!

I wanted to just have that and my SKy + box together to be nice and simple.

Just cant believe it really.

I haz 4090!
Don
da_mic_1530 said:
my 360 plays dvds fine :S

Plays them fine yes. But the quality is nothing to write home about. Compare it even to a cheap DVD player from ASDA, or an upscaled 720p picture from an XBOX with a HD setup. It's lovely. :)

I haz 4090!
Don
Spit said:
Just thought that a console with that power would be able to play a DVD. Im not that bothered about super pictures or anything just smooth playback and it cant manage it!!!!

I wanted to just have that and my SKy + box together to be nice and simple.

Just cant believe it really.

Hmm, mine doesn't skip.

Associate
Worthy said:
Plays them fine yes. But the quality is nothing to write home about. Compare it even to a cheap DVD player from ASDA, or an upscaled 720p picture from an XBOX with a HD setup. It's lovely. :)

Xbox 1 doesnt upscale it to 720p, best it can do it 480p.

I haz 4090!
Don
Rossmac said:
Xbox 1 doesnt upscale it to 720p, best it can do it 480p.

Can XBMC play DVDs and videos in 480p, 720p or 1080i?

1. Yes, ofcourse. You need to have a suitable AV cable (the HDTV cable pack for instance) and you need to enable the modes you want in the Microsoft Dashboard. Once that is done, XBMC will allow you to choose these resolutions in Settings->User Interface. To upsample videos to the GUI resolution (such as 720p for instance), you must enable “Upsample videos to GUI resolution” in Settings->My Videos?.

:)

Man of Honour
Worthy said:
Can XBMC play DVDs and videos in 480p, 720p or 1080i?

1. Yes, ofcourse. You need to have a suitable AV cable (the HDTV cable pack for instance) and you need to enable the modes you want in the Microsoft Dashboard. Once that is done, XBMC will allow you to choose these resolutions in Settings->User Interface. To upsample videos to the GUI resolution (such as 720p for instance), you must enable “Upsample videos to GUI resolution” in Settings->My Videos?.
:)

On a non-standard Xbox though, and we can't talk about that.

Soldato
Mine skips frames a bit in features, but the colours are really washed out. Watching the Back to the Future Ultimate edition special features is like watching a slideshow (because they're transferred from NTSC perchance?)

Can't wait to get a Denon DH500SD.

Caporegime
Spit said:
Tried it today and its terrible. skips frames all the time. I new it was supposed to be bad but blimey!!

My old Celeron 450 managed smooth DVD playback, whats gone wrong?

Do you think it will be fixed with a patch or something. I wanted to use this as my main DVD player downstairs but I cant now!! :mad:

Dont they test these things before making them.

Sorry for the rant......

My playback is excellent, really REALLY good.

Back
Top Bottom