Nürburgring Research Trip

Soldato
For some reason I didn’t feel right about a track car so I am passing on it, I didn’t want to take such a big risk in totalling the car.

I know one thing I'm sure about which is making motors sports video and editing them so I am purchasing a HD Video Camera (Sony HVR-Z1E) So if all done and good I should have them within 2 weeks. If that is the case I shall need to test them...

So to the main reason of this thread I have one week booked off work from January 21st to the 29th. Within this week for about 3-4 days I shall be returning to the Ring’ to test the new HD camera but also to find out the viewing points of the Ring’.

In preparation for this year’s summer trip, the reason I am going now is it takes so long to find these points it’s just a waste of time in the summer months when you can be on the track.

Yes the track is open that week but it’s also snowing and -4 out there so don’t think I will be doing any laps.

Tunnel is £108
Hotel is £30 per night

Don’t expect anyone to join me but I have a spare seat if anyone wants?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Long way to go just to test out a new toy, why not visit a local track instead?

Its NOT just to play with camera but to find the viewing points around a 13 mile track. Timewise its just not possible in the summer months as you want to be on the track.

Soldato
I wish the ring would put the dam calender up for 06 as me and a few mates want to go around early may :(

Are you planning just to video from track side or incar too? Carefull of the ban ;)

Soldato
OP
2x1600 said:
What is it you're going to do? Film people going round nurburgring and try and sell the vid to a publisher?

Leo

Doubt that would happen, if I had the opportunity to make money from this I would but I am along way from that.

Want to learn the trade to begin with.

Associate
Dangerous said:
Doubt that would happen, if I had the opportunity to make money from this I would but I am along way from that.

Want to learn the trade to begin with.

I'm not sure, take your time over it; see about adding commentary and edit it well etc, you may be able to. The market isn't exactly flooded with good recent car video publications! Film a documentary on the nurburgring there is so much scope to talk about.

Soldato
dave,

got your text. currently might already be taking a holiday that week, discussing with the gf atm. will let you know if thats not happening.

i am sure we can come to some arrangement with the 200 for the next visit as i would like to take both cars! :D

Soldato
OP
James_N said:
March!!???!!!!! :mad: flip

Yup start of the season is march :(

Pigeon said:
So the Noble is back on

Could be a option I guess..

TomO said:
dave,

got your text. currently might already be taking a holiday that week, discussing with the gf atm. will let you know if thats not happening.

i am sure we can come to some arrangement with the 200 for the next visit as i would like to take both cars! :D

hahah get in there! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom