Seti Enhanced

Associate
OP
for Info

The reason the most recent tape was split was around March 05 is not because we have a huge backlog of data - it's because we couldn't afford any more DLT tapes and stopped recording data around that time. Plus all our old DLT drives are broken - we have only one left up here at the lab that reasonably works - that's what I use to read these old data tapes.

I think I have about 50 tapes left in my pile to split. At the current "burn rate" this should last about a month.

However! We are releasing SETI enhanced, which should slow everything down, and this current set of data should last many more months - hopefully long enough to get the new data recorder down to Arecibo and get that all working.

And! Due to one reason or another we do have many tapes that were split and sent out but we have only about 10% scientific return - so we may throw those back into the pipeline if we otherwise run out of workunits to send out.

- Matt

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=26793#228431

and

January 9, 2006
We've finally tracked down the problems with SETI@home Enhanced 5.0's relationship with the server. SETI@home 5.02 should now work.

http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/beta/

mfg
Sir Ulli

Man of Honour
Soldato
So what is the roadmap for the SETI enhanced transition? Will they disallow the current SETI versions from returning WUs? It seems like they'd have to do so. Does the transition mean anything to the points system or is it just less work for the same number of cobblies?

I'm just curious. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
I'm confused.. Does all this only mean that the WU will be different since whenever they "activated" it.. or does it mean the client application that runs to do the WU in BOINC changes ie "setiathome 4.18 (what i am currently) changes to 5.05..

IGNORE/DELETE this just noticed it's for the "beta" testing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom