Rare PC-Games?

Associate
hmm, how old are they? give us a taste of the sort of stuff youve got mate first. im sure there are collectors out there that are after the games complete with books and boxed etc in good condition

Man of Honour
Don't really know of any games that are 'rare', but there are always plenty of games that are never available in the shops, only second hand. But I'd say there are very few 'rare' games that are valuable too.

Soldato
OP
Pretty much all the Lucas Arts games in good condition - Although I want to keep those for the moment.

Older games:
Discworld 1 + 2 + noir
Broken sword 1 + 2
Age of emppires 1 + expansion + 2
Wold cup 98
Starwars monopoly
Flight Sim 98
Resident evil 2

I have a load more too (been clearing the loft), will post um up if you want.

Associate
by all means post them up.
but if you want to sell them make sure to post in the for sale section. i could be interested in some too matey so let me know if you do put them in there
:)

Man of Honour
Best bet to find out if your game is rare etc, go onto eBay, search for the game, you'll see what others similar are going for, you'll get a good idea of what they're worth.

Permabanned
Thief Gold was ... I found practically impossible to find in the UK, I had bought both Thief and Thief 2, but knew of the enticing extra official Looking Glass levels on offer with Thief Gold, also the gloopers ETC.

Eventually, I got myself a copy of Thief Gold on a global auction site ... very nice too.

I have a lot of PC Games with original boxes going back over 10 years now in my attic, you never know, in 50 years time they might be worth something ... I'm guessing the older Games with copy protection gizmos and Flight Sims with doorstopper manuals in mint condition should be stored very carefully.

Permabanned
Almost forgot

I was recently pondering going back to my Amiga days for Nostalgia and buying a machine on auction, I was specifically looking for an Amiga 500 with included or separate to buy games, Dungeon Keeper, It Came from the Desert and a couple of other flight sims of Amiga vintage.

I'd consider, Amiga Dungeon Keeper or it Came from the Desert ... worth a few bob if they were in working condition.

But I suspect, due to piracy, most PC games will amount to nought for collectors, unless as I say they are older and have the afore mentioned door-stopper manuals and such like.

PS: Anyone here have the US version of Falcon 4 with the ring bound manual?

PPS: How do you find the trade section on these forums?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Most of the games the OP mentions are under 10 years old so there's a good chance people have copies kicking about somewhere. Broken Sword might be considered 'rare' I guess.

To be honest though, most games we have heard of aren't going to be that rare, because they sold well. Some crappy game that scored 43% in 1991 is more likely to rare :)

That said, I'd imagine that the original Wing Commander is fairly 'rare', in relation to the demand/collectability.

Soldato
I had trouble getting hold of Planescape Torment,I would consider it to be rare especially the special edition boxed version that I eventually happened upon.Cool game though,very deep.Unlike me. :D

Associate
cokecan72 said:
wasnt system shock 2 supposed to be getting rare? i remember seeing it for £50 on the net once???

I sent my copy to someone on these forums a while back but came across the original cardboard case looking for decorations if they need it lol
It was next to the command & conquer original and other boxes :o

Whoop

Back
Top Bottom