Silverstone TJ04 or Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS?

Soldato
Hi there,

Silverstone TJ04 or Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS

I'm going to be upgrading my PC around march and want to use my current components as a backup rig incase disaster strikes. Ill be needing a new case and as it'll be side by side with my current case i don't want to go the route of getting a cheapo case and would like a decent case.

Ive had a look around and i like the look of these 2 cases, both are aluminum i think?, both look good IMO and there not that much different in price. The TJ04 has 2 x 120mm whereas the PC-7 only has an 80mm up front so i think the TG04 will cool better but the PC-7 looks like it has a better front ventilation, in fact i cant see any vent holes on the TJ04 :confused: . Anyone used both and can recommend the better case, id like it to be quiet, well built, look good etc.

Oh and what does the plus mean on the Lian Li, does this mean its the window side panel model?.

TIA

Mark

Associate
PC7+ has 120mm at the front, the debate is whether it has 120mm at the back. Mine does, some here don't. OCUK say theirs have 2x120mm + 80mm blowhole.

Plus means AFAIK 2x120mm and slightly changed facia (2x3 1/2"). Again, this is debatable.

Lots of info available on google, as these are popular cases.

Soldato
The lian-li PC-7+ ius such a nice case! However as mosfet has informed you, some places advertise the PC7+ with 120mm rear while selling it with 80mm rear.

All very confusing imo - but probably just lazy companises copying info from manufacturer website without checking their stock

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys, yep google is useful Ive looked at a couple of reviews, unfortunately google cant help me decide which one as they both sound really good on paper and both look good as well. I typed PC-7 plus into google images and it came up with the with the window version so thats what made me think it had a window. I'm leaning toward the PC-7 at the moment as i prefer matt to gloss plus it'll match my Eclipse with it being aluminum. Any more views welcome to help me decide.

Mark

Associate
I personally think you should go with the PC-7, but since I've never seen a Silverstone 'in the flesh', so to speak, my opinion shouldn't really count :)

How many HDDs have you?

Soldato
OP
There will be 1 hdd in there, a 80gb Seagate, its inside a silentmaxx enclosure. Cheers, ye I'm leaning toward the PC-7, it looks very nice, I'm not too bothered about the 80mm fan at the back, if its too noisy ill whip out the dremel and stick a 120mm in there.

Mark

Soldato
You could always get the pc7se or pc7a = both of them have the 120mm fan there already.

Check out my review of them, its still on the front page.

The pc7 cases are very nice ones, and built well for there price, very well infact :)

Associate
If you order from OCUK you should get the 2x120mm. It'll be a good idea to remove your hard-drive rack if you're not going to use it, but for some unknown reason it has 2 rivets and 2 screws, so you'll have to drill them out or just leave it in there. Alone, unused and unloved :(

Soldato
OP
Ive just sent them a web note asking if it is the 2x 120mm versions, if it is i might order this week, along with a few other bits i need.

Thanks

Mark

Associate
from the reviews i have looked at the PC-7 plus has a 120mm at the front and the back and then a 80mm fan hole at the top. :D let us no what ocUK say i as i am looking at getting this case aswell

Thanks
XD-3

Soldato
OP
Will do mate, im still waiting for the reply but ill post up the awnser as soon as i hear from them.if it is only an 80mm at the back i sopose i could allways 5v it and also have a fan at the top and 5v that, but id rather have a 120mm. Im going to make this case as quiet as possible.

mark

Soldato
Well if someone buys a Lian Li how can it not be excellent :p

Although you do pay for the name slightly, they are great quality as I always say, and many say there isnt a gulf between them and some other manufacturers, but once youve owned one its very hard to go back!

Soldato
OP
Im going to order later on today along with some other stuff so when it arrives ill comfirm weather it is the dual 120mm fan version. If it isnt then ill be blowing the dust off my dremel :D .

Mark

Associate
Celt_Belfast said:
Just to confirm things - I received one today from Overclockers - had 2 x 120mm fans on it.
Nice one -can you confirm that it was the Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS Black Aluminium Midi-Tower Case (No PSU) (CA-054-LL) that you ordered?

I'm after the case with the 2 x 120mm fans (referred to as the PC-7 SE I think) but the description for the above case on overclockers only mentions an 80mm at the rear.

Was there any product code pertaining to PC-7 SE on the packaging at all?

cheers
v.f.

Back
Top Bottom