Creative X-Fi & Speedlink Medusa 5.1

Associate
Does anyone know how i connect these up at all?

im having trouble finding exactly what cable goes where in the back of the soundcard as i cant find the manual & the creative site isnt any help at all. Thought it would be easy but with the wires being different colours & it doesnt tell me what goes where in the Medusa's manual.

Cheers

Edit: nevermind i figured it out! Didnt realise you just shoved it in the main output one, also if sound only comes from one plug do i really need the other 2 plugged into the soundcard?

Last edited:
Associate
It varies time to time, sometimes it is hardly noticeable but others you cant hear the music over the clicking. Was just trying to get a sound clip of it so i could post it, but with sods law it never does it when you want to show someone. Cheers anyway

Soldato
kip02 said:
It varies time to time, sometimes it is hardly noticeable but others you cant hear the music over the clicking. Was just trying to get a sound clip of it so i could post it, but with sods law it never does it when you want to show someone. Cheers anyway

are you sure it's not interference from say a phone cradle or modem etc? You have to be careful about where you put the little amp thing with the medusa.

Associate
I've got the same headphones and i get a similar clicking noise if it's (the little amp or the long lead to the headphones) too close to my wireless transmitter. They're great headphones but they don't seem very well shielded (if at all!)

Associate
kip02 said:
Hi, I have the same setup have you noticed any clicking noise at all. Most noticeable when there is no music playing?

alright mate,

just curious do have wireless? I had the medusa 5.1's for approx 2 days before I sent them back for being,.......well lets say not very good (my opinion). I noticed a clicking sound. It was driving me potty. I'am quite particular about interference sounds etc. I found that after disabling my wireless card that the clicking vamooshed. If you don't have wireless I would have to agree with snow patrol, it might be some form of interference.

Benny

Associate
Yes the amp is fairly close to multiple wireless pieces of equipment. As you can see on the picture there's my mouse dock just next to it, with my access point just above, there is also a cordless phone usually lying around on my desk and a mobile phone etc.

dsc017131tx.jpg

Will have a move of the amp to a better place and report back, thanks for the suggestions everyone! :D

Associate
Its my bloody access point!!!

Just performed a little experiment with what was mentioned on some wireless equipment by unplugging and powering back up the access point and the clicking came and went time after time. Its now solved, thank you, thank you thank you! It's been driving me mad :D

Soldato
I get the same problem with the clicking. The only wireless equipment in the room is my wireless network card. I'll have a go at moving the amp around and see what happens.

Was about to start my own thread on the problem when i saw this thread.

Back
Top Bottom