• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

which one is the best out of these 2

Associate
HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X800 XL ICEQII 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (RX800XL-AGPVICEQ) (GX-037-HT)

or

XFX GeForce 6800 GS 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-060-XF)

im ordering now so quick advice plz lads im upgrading from a 9800pro will i see a big difference in performance between my old pro and either of the above cards

Last edited:
Associate
OP
well i put my new card in today run 3d mark 05 and scored 3692 that seems a bit low my system spec is athlon64 3000 1 gig ram and i set everthing to peformance in the settings 35 mark don't bother me to much as all the games i have like quake 4 hl2 run nice and smooth

Soldato
That's very low - you should be getting 5k+ - I get that with an X800Pro (slower) @ stock with a 2Ghz Opteron

Have you installed your chipset drivers? Are you running it at 1024x768? What ATI drivers are you using? Did you upgrade from an nVidia card? If so, did you use Driver Cleaner to completely remove the nVidia drivers?

Soldato
as bizarre as it may sound, check the AGP apperture size in your BIOS, if you have installed new mobo bios or drivers, may have reset it, mine did that when i bought 6800, make sure its 128mb or more :)

Ben

Back
Top Bottom