Trackday stuff

Soldato
Finally got the car properly track prepared now so going to book a slot at Donny asap.

Is it best to book direct at Donnigton - or through one of these trackday people? Is there any difference?

Also - at Donnigton - does anyone know at what point around the track they record sound levels? Car is pretty friggin loud now & I'm worried about getting ejected by the noise police. Although I do have a bung to use so I may be ok, but I'd rather just throttle off at the right moment than kill the performance around the whole track with the bung.

Trackday Insurance - who's best?

Cheap camera mount - where from?

Finally - anyone interested in a run around Donny say March or April?

Associate
merlin said:
Finally got the car properly track prepared now so going to book a slot at Donny asap.

Is it best to book direct at Donnigton - or through one of these trackday people? Is there any difference?

Their own days (Trakzone) are very cheap - the cheapest you'll find. Against that, they can be very busy, but I've also found them to be very quiet on occassions. It's a bit hit-and-miss. In my experience they can attract a few customers with very poor trackday etiquette.

Also - at Donnigton - does anyone know at what point around the track they record sound levels? Car is pretty friggin loud now & I'm worried about getting ejected by the noise police. Although I do have a bung to use so I may be ok, but I'd rather just throttle off at the right moment than kill the performance around the whole track with the bung.

The only mic', assuming they haven't changed in the last couple of months, is in a cage on the start/finish line, close to the Sausage & Bacon sign that crosses the track. There have been rumours of a mic' at Schwanz, but they're false. Apparently they can get moody if they can still hear you down there (from the pits). 89db is the limit and they are VERY strict, due to local cretins. Drive-by, not static.

Trackday Insurance - who's best?

Not sure, sorry.

Cheap camera mount - where from?

SM1 from B-Hague

Hope that helps.

Soldato
OP
Excellent, thanks v much. :)

I'm determined to keep out of trouble, not interested in jousting with people I dont know.

I'll take the bung and hope it takes the edge off the noise. :/

Soldato
OP
Still, pretty sure I'm going to need the bung @ 98. :(

Never actually put it in so I'll do it tonight and see whether it's like pee'ing in the wind or whether it does actually work.

Soldato
I believe that the UJCC hired Castle Combe for the day and had the entire track at their disposal. Maybe Drexel could find out how much that would cost and we could do an OCUK day?

I'd rather take me car on track with you lot than some idiot in a £50 Nova that doesn't care if he crashes.

Associate
merlin said:
Still, pretty sure I'm going to need the bung @ 98. :(

Never actually put it in so I'll do it tonight and see whether it's like pee'ing in the wind or whether it does actually work.

A lot of people back-off through the sausage sign, or short shift. Kinda spoils it a bit but not as much as getting kicked off!

Soldato
OP
eidolon said:
I'd rather take me car on track with you lot than some idiot in a £50 Nova that doesn't care if he crashes.

Yeah same here, can't overstate how much better it is driving with people you can trust.

Caporegime
eidolon said:
I believe that the UJCC hired Castle Combe for the day and had the entire track at their disposal. Maybe Drexel could find out how much that would cost and we could do an OCUK day?

yes yes yes!
im liking that idea, even tho i drive an auto!

Soldato
OP
Morba said:
im liking that idea, even tho i drive an auto!

Don't matter, auto/manual/petrol/chip fat - whatever, a car is a car.

100% guaranteed fun, whatever you drive. :cool:

I'm really keen on getting some Track time sooner rather than later though.....got the itch now.

Caporegime
merlin said:
Don't matter, auto/manual/petrol/chip fat - whatever, a car is a car.

100% guaranteed fun, whatever you drive. :cool:

too true, just not as controllable as a manual, which on a road im fine with :D

its worth looking at the current track days that are setup on CC website, they have quite a full calendar already iirc.
maybe tag along with some other local clubs or something if we cant make enough to do a trackday of our own

Soldato
I don't imagine that exclusive track hire would be cheap but if the UJCC could do it then there's no reason why we can't do the same if enough people are interested.
Question is do I take the CTR or do some drifting in the MR2 (or possibly VXT depending on when it is)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
eidolon said:
I don't imagine that exclusive track hire would be cheap but if the UJCC could do it then there's no reason why we can't do the same if enough people are interested.
Question is do I take the CTR or do some drifting in the MR2 (or possibly VXT depending on when it is)
Not sure about England but in ireland track drifting isnt allowed.

Soldato
eidolon said:

can't your other half drive one of them?

Take both :D

HT

Soldato
Really want to go on one myself after going on one with Smokes and his rover.....just the lack of a baffled sump on the CTR worries me a lot, there are a couple of people on the CTR forum looking for new K20's after killing them from oil starvation on track days.

Back
Top Bottom