• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900 - 13,000 3dMark05

Soldato
Interesting...

Early rumours, especially those involving reputed 3dmark scores, have a habit of being either over-inflated or downright false. That said, I still love reading the speculation :D

Still, it all sounds very plausible.

Associate
Thats quite a performance boost over my 7800gtx 512MB if it's true :eek: Much better than the jump from 7800gtx 256MB to my current card. Was going to skip upgrading until the DX10 cards appeared but now i'm not so sure :D

Must resist impulse spending....must.resist.upgrade...

Soldato
topbanana to run the lastest games at 1920x1200 with max settings needs all the video power you can get your hands on..

(E.G Fear / COD2 / X3-reunion / Quake4)

plus with the next line of top games due out sometime this year (E.G UT2007, PREY , QUAKEWARS e.t.c).

(To run the new dell 30" widesrceen you need all the cash you can get your hands on..)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm i might just get one of those Gtx's if they are ~400quid odd.Quite scared incase it is cpu limited with this opteron i just got,bugger. Need to get a X2 to go with it.

OcUK Staff
LoadsaMoney said:
Was posted a few days ago, its very impressive if its true.

It is true, it all now depends if NV go ahead and release it which I believe they no doubt will in reflect to the impressive X1900's performance. :)

X1900's in stock very soon at OcUK :D and if NV go ahead with 7900 (G71) no doubt 1st week of March. :)

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
It is true, it all now depends if NV go ahead and release it which I believe they no doubt will in reflect to the impressive X1900's performance. :)

X1900's in stock very soon at OcUK :D and if NV go ahead with 7900 (G71) no doubt 1st week of March. :)

Nice, so x1900 is going to be obliterated in about a month, wonder how many x1900's will be going in the MM. :D

OcUK Staff
LoadsaMoney said:
Nice, so x1900 is going to be obliterated in about a month, wonder how many x1900's will be going in the MM. :D

Probably not obliterated I'd expect the X1900 to be quicker in some games that are more shader intensive and the NV card to be quicker in games that preferre more ROPs.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Probably not obliterated I'd expect the X1900 to be quicker in some games that are more shader intensive and the NV card to be quicker in games that preferre more ROPs.

Any vague outlines as to whether either company plan to stop improving 'current generation' boards and start building up anticipation for their next gen stuff?

Associate
topbanana said:
Amazing but does anything exist to use that kind of performance right now? I run BF2 on max everything with my 7800 and it runs like a dream

Ditto :) I could'nt imagine splashing out on a graphics card again for at least a year.
Well, of course I could IMAGINE splashing out, but there's no way in hell I'm going to :eek:

Caporegime
Same here my x1800 runs everything thrown at it maxed out, its going to take a good while for the x1900 to come into its own, hundreds of shader intensive games are not going to appear overnight, there wont be many by the time the G71 hits, and there wont be many by the time the real next gen cards hit summer time theres no SM3.0 market yet, and how long ago was that brought in, i aint got 1x single SM3.0 game. :)

Back
Top Bottom