The Sims 2 - cd/dvd problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I have tried playing my range of Sims 2 games, whether it be the sims 2 game, university or night life. I have the original disks to all of these, but which ever disk I put in it comes up with the error: "CD/DVD emulation detected, please disable all emulation software then restart game".

I have tried to disable both my Alcahol 120% and Daemon Tools, even uninstalled both of these programs, but still the error messages come up. I can understand about piracy, but not even being allowed to play with the originals!? :confused:

Is there any way to solve this, without having to reformat the hard drive?

Caporegime
I think you need to use regedit to delete all of the Alcohol and Daemon Tool entries. You might also need to uninstall programs like Nero/Easy CD Creator. A lot of people have had similar problems but there should be a guide if you google it.

Associate
OP
I would be very greatful if someone knew the answer for me, never have had the trouble of playing legal games until now, and I have run out of things to make it play properly

Associate
OP
Am I the only one to be suffering with this same problem? Would be good to know if someone has managed to do something to make this error message go away, or if someone found a patch to the game etc, im clutching at straws here

Caporegime
The patch to update the game will just blacklist more emulation software. You could try turning on 'Hide CD-R Media' in either Daemon Tools or Alcohol. You could also try the latest versions of Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools, if you haven't already tried them. The newer versions might not be blacklisted.

Associate
OP
The hide feature does not work, not even uninstalling them completly works, either as it still brings up the message, so im at a loss for things to try :(

Associate
OP
Yeah, tell me about it! Seems like you can only bypass these error messages is if you get the image file and then somehow install a program to not make it detect anything. But would anything give me an image file of the actual disk, but without needing the disk in the drive?

Associate
OP
Does anyone know how I can make a working backup image of my Sims 2 University original game? There doesnt seem to be much that can make working backups of these Safedisk v4 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom