OCZ $300 phase chage cooling

Soldato
OCZ $300 phase change cooling

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2669&p=2

ocz-phase.gif

temp.gif

Wonder how long till we see them, certainly looks intresting for the price!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah aparently price is hoped to be 300 but deffo under $500 no not sure what that'll equate to probably at least £300.

Not sure on performance either some are rumouring it to only have R134a others suggest it'll have R507.
Seems to only be a 1/6hp compressor but supposed to be very efficient.

An OCZ employee has said they'd seen -12 reported on a x2 at load clocked fairly high. So doesnt seem to be a contender for the LS/GT but certainly a good budget option

Associate
Marvt74 said:
An OCZ employee has said they'd seen -12 reported on a x2 at load clocked fairly high. So doesnt seem to be a contender for the LS/GT but certainly a good budget option

IF thats true then its somewhat superior to the vapochill LS, I get +VE figures for load temps for a single core.

Associate
PanMaster said:
IF thats true then its somewhat superior to the vapochill LS, I get +VE figures for load temps for a single core.
I get -40 load and -55 idle @ the evap and bios reports -25 cpu but thats gotta be wrong on my last board (Fatil1ty) it reported -9 @ idle on a fx55

Soldato
i be very intrested in 1 for my cpu cooling if its 300 or less , as long as OCZ supports te product by bringing out new monting equipment for new sockets and stuff , have to wai till we see a some reviews

Associate
the price of other vapo kits is whats put me off for now. if this thing is cheap enough and performs well, i might get it to break 3gig on my x2

Soldato
Very nice, I would like one ofe these or something similar in my new rig later this year, Will need to do some more reading in to phase change, as I was going to go water :)

Soldato
Looks like it uses R134a according to the last photo on this mini review on *****;

http://www.*****.net/content/item.php?item=4272

Edit: I lie, according to another site: "Although the OCZ Cryo-Z uses a compressor that has a label that says R134a that is not the case. OCZ didn't want to comment on exactly what coolant is used but did mention that they picked the best price versus performance coolant for what they wanted."

Back
Top Bottom