• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opterons : where are they?

Associate
Well, all opterons out of stock...:S
Damn, when i need one ASAP they are all out of stock.
Anyone can inform arrival date and probable steppings for Opteron 146?
Thanks in advance.

Ps:
It's my first post in here and i don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here it seemed fine to me.

kbc

kbc

Associate
dutchman.pt said:

Just google hard. No one's going to post competitor links, the single core Opterons are slightly easier to find than the dual cores. PM function is not going to work.

Soldato
I'm sure people are aware who I'm talking about here, but I'm not going to mention any names. However, there's a rather strange addition to the product description of this particular Opteron 146: *Major Constraint*

What on Earth do they mean? The chip is hard to get hold of or overclocking will be nigh-on impossible?

Seems a strange use of words for a CPU, no?

Soldato
glitch said:
I'm sure people are aware who I'm talking about here, but I'm not going to mention any names. However, there's a rather strange addition to the product description of this particular Opteron 146: *Major Constraint*

What on Earth do they mean? The chip is hard to get hold of or overclocking will be nigh-on impossible?

Seems a strange use of words for a CPU, no?

Very odd, maybe they'll only sell to system builders perhaps?
Email them and ask 'em :)

Associate
there seemed to be some talk a while ago about amd stopping these opterons because they were a little too good, I think it was the ever so reliable inquirer though

is this true? its just looking at the price info releaseed with the new fx, opteron prices are still there where as the sempron prices are not (the semprons were also meant to disappear with the opterons in 2006 q1)

just seems odd to release new prices if they dont exist?

Associate
thanks, it did seem a bit daft to phase out something selling like hot cakes

nice to know they should still be kicking around when I do upgrade

Soldato
Devious said:
*Major Constraint* means they are hard to come so and they are only selling one per customer.

That must be on a few sites then, as I could buy as many as I need from the place I was looking at earlier.

Looks like there has been a few false romours flying about and there was a mad panic buy on them, which has seen them sell so well, but really there are plenty still left :rolleyes: ;)

Back
Top Bottom