Best Utility Program?

Associate
Tried looking for a thread about the best utility program around at the moment?

I have so far been using System Mechanic Pro 6, but have been hearing reports that it is not really of much beneficial use to Windows at the end of the day.

In peoples experience/knowledge, what do you find the best? I dont mind paying for software that will be of good use and keep my machine speedy & optimised

Associate
OP
Have just tried what you have said, and this program really does work a treat, I have never seen a utility make such a change to my computer, whether it will hold its speed is another thing entirely, plus its very fast when it runs any checkers.

I think I will now be moving away from System Mechanic Pro 6, saving myself £45 and a lot of head aches!

Me being curious, as you seem to know all, whats the best defragger? Is it between Diskeeper and PerfectDisk 7.0?

Associate
danceMB said:
Have just tried what you have said, and this program really does work a treat, I have never seen a utility make such a change to my computer, whether it will hold its speed is another thing entirely, plus its very fast when it runs any checkers.

I think I will now be moving away from System Mechanic Pro 6, saving myself £45 and a lot of head aches!

Me being curious, as you seem to know all, whats the best defragger? Is it between Diskeeper and PerfectDisk 7.0?

I use Diskeeper it's pretty fast and easy to use but I'm not too certain how good it is comared to Perfect Disk.

Man of Honour
Diskeeper and PerfectDisk are both excellent, Diskeeper actually developed the defragger for Windows and so it does integrate very well. I have found PerfectDisk to be a little better in sorting things out, not much between them though. TuneUp2006 and PerfectDisk is the best maintenance combination I have found. :)

Back
Top Bottom