Weighlifting question

Soldato
maybe consider going for maximal weight for the set number of reps. I believe 12 reps might be slightly outside of the optimum hypertrophy range. What is the maximum you could lift for 3 sets of between 6-8 reps?

Associate
Isn't that called pyramid training or something similar? 3x8 is good for most people. Im not sure what benefits pyramid sets have on results. Could try googling it and seeing what comes up.

(disclaimer, i dont know that this is actually called pyramid sets/training, i cannot be held liable for negligence for intellectual misconduct as a result... :) )

Soldato
UnknownSoldier said:
I try and leave between 1 and 2 mins...depends how tired I am feeling.

I assume you mean between a set? Waiting 1 to 2 minutes between a rep would kill you! :p

Although I imagine Bunka actually meant to say "set" as opposed to "rep" anyway so your answer is likely still valid. ;)

Soldato
It'd probably be the other gym users that would kill you if you tried leaving 1-2 minutes between reps.

If you do mean reps Bunka then I guess there isn't really a fixed in stone kind of timescale. Just ensure that you move at a speed that allows you to maintain strict form and let your body find it's own rhythm.

Personally My timing goes something like this; drive through the effort part while exhaling at a fairly fast pace. Hold at just below full extension/contraction (so you can always feel the weight on muscle not joints) for a second, lower to a two count to just above a resting point hold for a second then repeat.

Soldato
GordyR said:
I assume you mean between a set? Waiting 1 to 2 minutes between a rep would kill you! :p

Although I imagine Bunka actually meant to say "set" as opposed to "rep" anyway so your answer is likely still valid. ;)

:o Yeah i did mean to say that, thanks anyway though. :p

Soldato
DanH84 said:
It'd probably be the other gym users that would kill you if you tried leaving 1-2 minutes between reps.

If you do mean reps Bunka then I guess there isn't really a fixed in stone kind of timescale. Just ensure that you move at a speed that allows you to maintain strict form and let your body find it's own rhythm.

Personally My timing goes something like this; drive through the effort part while exhaling at a fairly fast pace. Hold at just below full extension/contraction (so you can always feel the weight on muscle not joints) for a second, lower to a two count to just above a resting point hold for a second then repeat.

Also useful information, cheers. :)

Permabanned
you only need one work set per exercise. train to failure with good form. do two warmup sets before the work one at 30% of your potential and then 50%. wait a minute between sets.

all this will be totally useless though if your diet isnt right. eat 5/6 meals a day getting a lot of protein. go for fish, chicken, pasta, rice, potato. stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom