iPod Time

Soldato
well, after years of admiring the iPod but then going all sensible and saying to myself "well, you wont actually use it will you" i've finally decided to get one once i found out i can connect it seemlesly with my car stereo :cool:

so, this 30GB iPod Photo... is this the one to get? i certainly dont need 60 so the size is right, and its nice and slim...

i read in the write up tho that it has a click-wheel, isn't that the kinda wheel thats on smaller/cheeper iPods? i thought the proper ones had touch ones where you just rotated your finger round?

the only reason i'm posting this is so i dont buy it then for someone to go "oh you didn't buy the iPod Video did you??? you shouldn't have for x y or z reason..."

not gonna be superseeded soon or anything is it?

Caporegime
QuiKsiLVeR said:
well, after years of admiring the iPod but then going all sensible and saying to myself "well, you wont actually use it will you" i've finally decided to get one once i found out i can connect it seemlesly with my car stereo :cool:

so, this 30GB iPod Photo... is this the one to get? i certainly dont need 60 so the size is right, and its nice and slim...

i read in the write up tho that it has a click-wheel, isn't that the kinda wheel thats on smaller/cheeper iPods? i thought the proper ones had touch ones where you just rotated your finger round?

the only reason i'm posting this is so i dont buy it then for someone to go "oh you didn't buy the iPod Video did you??? you shouldn't have for x y or z reason..."

not gonna be superseeded soon or anything is it?

Good choice there mate but sadly its only a matter of time before the Iriver et al fan boys come in here and **** all over your parade :p.
It does have a click wheel and yes you use your finger to rotate to different menus, it works and works very well...havent had any problems with mine since ive had it. It uses a touch sensor to activate menus although you can click on the wheel but for volume control you just glide your finger left or right to increase or decrease the volume.

As for being replaced by something new??, well i would imagine in a yrs time or so they will have a newer model of the ipod out, seeing as this is the 5th generation one.

Soldato
OP
thanks for that spawn :) - the Iriver guys can do there worst but at the end of the day, the iPod looks better :D

</shallow>

(i did actually look into a fair few of em a year or so back, but the only other competitor for me was the iriver, but i'd be scared of dropping it and breaking me foot :p)

spawn - like the sig btw ;)

Soldato
OP
are there any must haves btw with iPods? - accessories-wise? (the kinda things i'm gonna want as soon as i have is so might as well get it now to save having to wait again?)

Caporegime
Get yourself some decent set of earphones ie the shure e2cs are pretty good...although a tad expensive but it sounds so much better with them:). Get yourself a nice case, the iskin evo3 is good one...i use it on my video ipod.

Associate
yeh, i would advise the iskin evo3, the case you get with it is pretty tat, and the ipod is very easy to scratch, NOT GOOD!, the good thing about the evo3 is that it covers all of the ipod, allows you to see the screen and use the click wheel without having to take it out of the cover, and also allows access to the data port thing on the bottom!

Back
Top Bottom