• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cheapish AGP Graphics card with 2 DVI-D ports?

Soldato
I want to get dual monitors, both with DVI. But most of the cards with 2 DVI outs cost loads! I only want to spend about £130 max as I don't play games.

Also on my current ATI 9500 i cant play videos on my secondary monitor, are new graphics card still like that?

Soldato
Very few gfx cards ( apart from the most recent models) will allow a video tobe played on anything apart from primary display

However this si sometimes dependent on what software you use to play the dvd

My version of WinDvd (V4)that I got from OCUK abotu 6 months ago only works on primary display, i dont like mp10 for films - even tho this can be dragged onto the second display and still work and possibly more recent 3rd party software can also -- but I know until recently its a fault of previous hardware designs

edit maybe fault was too harsh, as a lot of people didnt have mutiple displays as they do now

Soldato
Yes, GF4ti 4600 will play Generals just fine at 1024x768, dunno about other res.(http://www.tomshardware.com/2003/12/29/vga_charts_iii/page9.html)

Its probably better or as quick at *** 9500Pro in everything but BF2 (which it wont work with, and maybe HL2, which is always better on ATI)

Displaying video on both screens is down to the drivers and overlays, and sometimes one program will work, whilst others dont.

Back
Top Bottom