• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Venice 3800+ vs San diego 3700+ little advice please?

Soldato
As title really, Just looking at a LANPARTY UT nF3 ULTRA-D to replace my ASUS motherboard and O/C Barton 2500, Currently don't fancy making the rather expensive leap to a PCI-E motherboard as it would involve replacing my Graphics card with something in the 200 quid price range so,

so I intend to do this later and incrementally...

problem is I know very little about the current Athlon 64 processors, due to work I've not had time to keep properly abreast of the situation, so my question as in the title is, Which would be better of the two...
Venice 3800+ OEM for £170
or
San diego 3700+ boxed with cooler for £152 (this week only deal)

the only big difference I can see is that the San diego has more L2 cache ...

any advice or other options barring the tempting X2 range ;) would be appreciated

Matt

Associate
Get the 3700, it has a better core and the extra l2 cache. Plus you can oc it to 2.7+ you know what im sayin?

Associate
Yeah, i've currently got a 3800 venice OC's but the performance isn't THAT amazing.

I think i'm going to get an San Deigo and 2 gig of Ram, got to feed this 7800GTX 512mg ya know.

Back
Top Bottom