Home Cinema Advice

Associate
I am thinking about upgrading to a 5.1 home cinema setup, but I am unsure what exactly I need and the best way to go about it.

My current setup comprises of a Sony Hifi system, including an amplifier, cd player, minidisc player and tuner.

I also have a Toshiba DVD Recorder, cable box and a Yamada DIVX Player.

In terms of speakers I have sone Tannoy M1's, and a Yamaha YST-SW90 sub.

I have been looking at some Tannoy FX-5.1 speakers, but from what I gather will also need a receiver too.

I am very happy with the stereo performance at my current system, and so would like really just to be able to go out and buy a set of 5.1 speakers and just be able to plug them in into the back of the Yamada rather than adding loads of bits to my existing system as space is quite tight and I didn't want to spend more than £200 really.

Any got any great ideas? :)

Thanks

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
How do you plan to power loud speakers from a dvd player? You are going to obviously need amplification from the line outputs from the yamada's onboard decoder.

Cheapest way would be a cheap separate receiver and some cheap surround speakers and a centre speaker. You could get away with just a 5 channel amplifier though as you could feed it from the yamada's decoder.

Soldato
I am thinking about upgrading to a 5.1 home cinema setup, but I am unsure what exactly I need and the best way to go about it.

My current setup comprises of a Sony Hifi system, including an amplifier, cd player, minidisc player and tuner.

I also have a Toshiba DVD Recorder, cable box and a Yamada DIVX Player.

In terms of speakers I have sone Tannoy M1's, and a Yamaha YST-SW90 sub.

I have been looking at some Tannoy FX-5.1 speakers, but from what I gather will also need a receiver too.

I am very happy with the stereo performance at my current system, and so would like really just to be able to go out and buy a set of 5.1 speakers and just be able to plug them in into the back of the Yamada rather than adding loads of bits to my existing system as space is quite tight and I didn't want to spend more than £200 really.

Any got any great ideas? :)

Thanks

Cheapest home cinema package from Richer Sounds?

Back
Top Bottom