Ford???

Associate
I was watching a program at the end of last year where a girl was having financial problems. She got ford out to see if they would buy her car?

Does Ford do this???

How much do you think i would get for a Ford Focus 2005 (old shape)
Small scratch on boot, alloys, a/c only 10500 miles???

would it be better to sell private??

Soldato
Yeah they will take your car off you but for no where near anything like what it is worth. Main dealers are there to make money from new cars they are not in the game of giving reasonable money for a second hand car when they get the new cars so cheap themselves.

The only time they take a second hand car of you with what seems a reasonable price is when your buying a new car and they shift there margain about so you think your gettting a good price for the old car but are paying for it on the new car.

Soldato
I believe the Focus is still the best selling car.

Does anyone know which car manufacturers are making money, and which ones aren't?

Soldato
They are in the Poo like all European manufactures, too many cars are being made, by too many makers, and over head costs are too high for the volumes sold.
Far east etc, is the only growth market..... So your next Focus "might" come from China, Russia or India !!!!

Permabanned
From what I remember from reading an Article a few months ago, Renault are the ONLY manufacturer that are currently financially sound (making a profit as opposed to just breaking even).

Ford are really quite in the poo, just because you have a 'best selling car' doesn't mean your financially sound! It could well be best selling but Ford could be selling each unit at a loss! Thought that would be common sense tho tbh!

Soldato
Human Torch said:
From what I remember from reading an Article a few months ago, Renault are the ONLY manufacturer that are currently financially sound (making a profit as opposed to just breaking even).

There was a list a while back that had the Top 10 car manufacturers on and how much they were making/losing. IIRC at least 5 manufacturers were making a profit of some sort. I know Hyundai/KIA are making a profit, and i'm pretty sure Mercedes and BMW are too.

Soldato
GM are looking at bankruptcy. They've been having a terrible time. Ford aren't doing great and will probably ditch Jag and Land Rover soon.

Soldato
Trickle said:
Its not the divisions this side of the pond that are causing the problem.
The man speaks the truth, Ford America are reported to be having a really really rough ride...not sure how that will eventually have an impact over here though...

Back
Top Bottom