why didnt they make the newage scoob like this?

Soldato
ignoring my rubbish colour efforts on the photoshop... dont you think Subaru should have changed all the car and left the front the same as the classic?? :D

forgot the pic... :rolleyes:

newageclassic.jpg

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Just looks like a classic to me now :)

IMO though, no, the classic is lovely but it does look dated. They cannot keep the same design forever

Soldato
I personally think they went for too much with the newer shapes. I think a slight evolution of the shape pictured would have looked good. The bug eye and the new shape are just too radical and different to suit well. Part of evolving car design is that you can tell which car it is from how it looks like its predecessors. Ok, so can generally tell the new ones are a scoob, but the front end is just too diverse in the newer models.

//putting the word evolution into this Scoob thread is not a crime!!!

Associate
Is it me (in my hungover state) or does the headlight/grill (forgetting about the bumper) combo in that picture look very much like a skyline R34 GTR...?

Soldato
When I saw the bug eye lights the first time I thought oh god they've ruined it. The old lights look far nice and there was less of a family look to the older cars. If you see the rallyed subaru you'll see they have like a quad light conversion or something like that going on rather than having the clear plastic on the top. Looks much better.

One of the things I love about lancers and imprezas is the height they have off the ground. All made for rally hehe.

Soldato
I think the front looks a tad dated really - very mid-90's generic Jap saloon really. *shrug*

I think one way of updating the looks of that particular model would be to steal the headlight design off a Skyline R34. However, if you did that it would actually be the spitting image of one :eek:

Back
Top Bottom