Audigy melted so forced to use the Nforce 4 onboard sound and....

Soldato
.....It sounds better. I always thought my audigy 2 was really good soundwise, but after a motherboard problem melting a few of the PCI tracks I am forced to use my Nforce 4s onboard audio and I have to say it sounds far better. Both music and surround sound games sound much fuller. Bit surprising really.

Soldato
I found that going from an Audigy 2 -> Onboard on my nForce2 as well, though games like BF2 took a hit in both quality and performance.

The X-Fi I upgraded to has both high quality music and gaming abilities though, best of both worlds for me :)

Soldato
smids said:
nForce > Audigy 2 ZS = much improved. I hated the onboard. Tinny in comparison and now I hear sounds that I didn't hear before.

Is that in Music or Games?

Games with the onboard were pretty awful for me, but music was very good quality.

Soldato
Games were awful, really awful with the onboard. The music admittedly hasn't improved much, but it has indeed improved. You are right in your summation - games with onboard are atrocious but music is fine. I play games a lot and got some Logitech Z5500's for Xmas so naturally I wanted a better sound card to use them with and I don't regret it.

Soldato
Are we talking about nforce2 with soundstorm? Since not all nforce2 had soundstorm and it was supposed to be the audigy's equal (nforce1 onboard sound was not soundstorm), I got rid of an audigy1 for soundstorm.

Soldato
megatron said:
Are we talking about nforce2 with soundstorm? Since not all nforce2 had soundstorm and it was supposed to be the audigy's equal (nforce1 onboard sound was not soundstorm), I got rid of an audigy1 for soundstorm.

I was referring to the non-Soundstorm nForce 2

Soldato
My Audigy1 OEM started going funny on me, so i started using the Onboard (offboard?:p) Abit AudioMax 7.1, and the sound was clearer, but seemed a little 'cold' compared to my old Audigy. Havnt really gotten around to buying a new sound card. Im waiting for the X-Fi's to hit realistic prices.

Back
Top Bottom