Problems with booting up

Associate
Hey, im having problems and was woundering if someone could help me.

After my mobo died i bought this 1

Asus P5ND2 SLi nForce4 SLi (LGA775) PCI-Express Motherboard

When i power up all the fans come on and lights, nothing comes on the screen and all i get is a long beep, and then it turns its self off. Im running;
Intel Pentium 4 650 "LGA775 Prescott" 3.4GHz
XFX GeForce 7800GT Extreme LED Edition 256MB GDDR3
Geil 1 gb PC5300 DDR2 RAM
Hiper Type R 580W PSU

I have reset the CMOS Jumpers and tryed moving the ram into different slots and booting up with 1 stick in but still no luck. Could any one help me with this problem :)

Associate
OP
ye it is, its in the manual. It works now, it comes on and all boots fine, the asus screen comes on, and i press del to enter the setup, and the power cuts off, I have no idear why. Its a band new PSU, and i tryed my old 1, so that cant be it. All the connections are fine

Im stumped :(

Associate
OP
Well it did bascally what it does now, so i could have not been the mobo :O

My old mobo worked fine, untill i bought the 7800, i had no output on the screen. and then the pc would just shut down in about 10 secs.

So i bought the new one. With the 7800 in i get a long beep, b4 it shuts off. So i put my old 6600 in, and it boots up fine all the fans come on, comes on the screen, and i get the beep. Then suddenly, the power cuts out, Its a brand new psu, so i dont think it could be that.

Im just really stumped, i paid a lot of money for it, and i cant use it. Im just hoping that i can get it running.

Any help would be most greatfull :D

Associate
Could be way off track, but have you considered if the power from the house is good/clean enough. You could try getting an extension board that eradicates spikes in the power supply for around a tenner

Associate
OP
Well i turned it on this morning, and it lasted about 2 mins, so i had time to check the cpu temp, It was on 90. So im guessing the heat sync is broken, off to get a new 1 now, and hope it fixes :D

Back
Top Bottom