IE not letting me go on overclockers!!!! [PANIC]

Associate
ok, i thought it was just the stupid tiscali download accelerator that was installed on my system messing everything up but it's fixed now and i still cant access overclockers right.

when i click on a link either in the forums of the main site the browser does nothing and all the links on the page stop functioning and if i try to refresh the page everything disapears and i'm left with

<!--

on a compleatly blank page -__-'

the only way i can open anything up is to "open in new window" but when you're browsing on OcUK for a new comp.. that ain't practical

any thoughts?

Associate
ah didnt read the last line it won't be the hosts file, surely that has to be spyware

maybe run hijackthis and post it on a forum that offers help in that aspect (or post it here? - just don't seen many people doing it)

Associate
OP
|Ric| said:
what about a dodgy entry in your hosts file? (though its odd that it would target ocuk)

are you sure it wouldnt be my host file? and if it was... what could i do to try and correct it, btw how do you reset your router? i can give that a try too!

it might not just be ocuk but it's the only website i've been on latly but if i find any more i'll tell you

Associate
OP
ok this might sound like a noob question but in my whole life i've never actualy done it.. how do you reinstall internet explorer?

btw, unistalled java and it didnt help :(

what ever it was it started after installing that stupid web accelerator

Soldato
Have you tried disabling 3rd party extensions in IE?

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced >

Under the "Browsing" subcategory there is an option titled "Enable thiird-party browser extensions"

Try unchecking that, restarting it and seeing if it works?

To remove internet explorer, in add/remove programs on the left there should be an option "Add/Remove windows components", although from my experience you can still get IE to run when it's been uninstalled :confused:

Associate
IS there definately nothing that looks dodgy in add/remove programs? Starbar, hotbar, something along those lines....

We get people installing them at work and get loads of errors with ie...

Associate
OP
Evil-Penguin said:
Have you tried disabling 3rd party extensions in IE?

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced >

Under the "Browsing" subcategory there is an option titled "Enable thiird-party browser extensions"

Try unchecking that, restarting it and seeing if it works?

ok, i tried that and you know what, it actualy worked. thanks for all your help guys but i'm off to post another topic as yet another problem has cropt up
:( i think this system's on it's last legs now

Back
Top Bottom