Insurance Question

Soldato
Hi,

I’ve been looking around for some new insurance as I feel mine is a little high.

At the moment im paying £695.12 for TPFT with 7k mileage per annum, for a car worth 4500k and two years NCB with MoreThan.

If I was to register as a new customer with morethan, with the exact same criteria with the car value slightly lower at £3500 due to the amount of miles on it, my insurance is reduced to £433 per annum. Quite a saving.

So my question is can I cancel my current morethan policy and then just start a new one? Or alternatively cancel it and then register a new policy with NU at £485 per annum.

Cheers

Associate
JonRohan said:
Hi,

I’ve been looking around for some new insurance as I feel mine is a little high.

At the moment im paying £695.12 for TPFT with 7k mileage per annum, for a car worth 4500k and two years NCB with MoreThan.

If I was to register as a new customer with morethan, with the exact same criteria with the car value slightly lower at £3500 due to the amount of miles on it, my insurance is reduced to £433 per annum. Quite a saving.

So my question is can I cancel my current morethan policy and then just start a new one? Or alternatively cancel it and then register a new policy with NU at £485 per annum.

Cheers

Seems odd to me, I'm an Insurance Underwriter but I don't do Motor. Have you rung them up to query this?? If you think it's high go to a broker and see what they can do for you.

Soldato
OP
Well there is a difference between the value of the cars so that will make it cheaper the second time around. I will give them a ring tomorrow. Just interesting to see whether I can just cancel and sign up.

Associate
well would you rather cancel it and just throw away ** ncb that you will get at the end of this period? would it not be better just to continue on this policy, get your 3rd year ncb and then get a lower quote come renewal?

Associate
yes, but what im saying is since you're already with this company you've started building up your NCB for this year, so you might aswell continue with this policy get your 3rd year then go to another company, you will still have your 3yrs NCB

Soldato
Fox is right, value has very little impact on it.

What your company is doing is common, they sometimes offer you a renewal price that is more expensive than what you can get even with them online! They are relying on your lazyness and trust to make some money.

Come near renewal call them up and demand the lower price or them to match the best price you've found online.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Aye it's the old trick of ringing up as a new customer and taking that quote rather than what they offer as a renewal :)

Associate
JonRohan said:
Hi,

Cheers

Funnily enough i sorted out the insurance on my car this morning.
I too was in the same boat. The renewal quote i got was £671.99 but when i got a new customer quote off the website it came to £541.99

I rang them up to find out where i stand and i am eligible for a cheaper quote than the renewal but i only get a 5% discount.
In the end the quote cost me £584.97
I was VERY happy seeing as the nearest quote i got to that was about £700 and that was with Adrian Flux.

Soldato
OP
If thats the case im going to phone them tomorrow and ask this question. If they won't allow me to re-register for them ill go to NU for £485.

My renewal isn't until June.

Soldato
OP
I've just had a nice little chat with morethan and asked why if I cancel my policy and take out a new one I save over £200 pounds. They tired to state it was due to the online discount and that insurance prices change all the time. Shame I ordered my original policy online.

I’ve cancelled and will get another insurance policy for over £200 pounds cheaper. I’m a happy bunny.

Back
Top Bottom