latest w800i firmware (differences between o2/orange)

Soldato
from the reading ive done, ive gathered that the latest firmware is R1AA008, but im just getting more confused when i read more about it. ive have read that orange, o2 etc take different firmwares.. is this true? and im wondering if my w800i (which is on orange and on the firmware R1N035) can be updated to R1AA008 with no problems.

Man of Honour
Yes, the phones do take slightly different firmwares, as one has branding on it, and the other doesn't, as well as support for a few network specific features that don't always work right on an unbranded phone.

If you use the SE update service, that should give you the latest branded version that is compatible with your phone and your network.

If you update to a non-branded firmware, you put your warranty and insurance cover at risk, as well as some functionality, although it can be done if you find people with the right software.

Soldato
OP
alright thanks, i gave it a go and it come to some screen where i accepted some flash thing, but i havent noticed any changes :( really wanted to get the new firmware because of the improved speaker volume, i can barely hear anyone when im talking to someone on the phone and wih volume set to max :(

Soldato
I used the update service to update my Orange W800i.

Since I did this the phone has reacted slower in a lot of situations, eg Scrolling through photos. Also, occasionally the Walkman feature freezes when scrolling through the songs. Pretty annoying!!

Is there any way to return to the original firmware? I've fallen out with the phone since the update.

Also, my headphones have started to play up. Not sure what it is. The songs play fine through the phone's speaker, but through the headphones its all messed up. The vocals are quieter than the instrumental etc. Really annoying. Not had a chance to try another set of headphones yet though... Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar troubles..

Back
Top Bottom