Just got back from servicing the puma ( Pics )

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Hi There

Thought i would post some pictures of my day, been most intresting and most expensive so im in a funny mood. Happy that everything ( well nearly everything ) is 100% sweet but on the otherhand with my wallet being a wapping £900 lighter i feel a little "flushed"

Anyway heres what i had done

- Brake Refurb - Removed the calipers, stripped them down and gave them a good old clean, New seals and pistons were needed due to all 8 of the pistons being pitted badly ( The 4 pot Alcons in the FRP dont have dirt seals so need to be serviced ideally every few months ) Im going to learn how to do it myself as its quite simple.

- New Ford Racing Pads, had loads on the budget mintex pads but i found them to be crap so changed them for the more expensive Ford Racing spec pads, The diffrence is fantastic.

- Full Service including uprated plugs - Had a full service which oviousley included the normal bits and bobs , payed for uprated plugs - Denso Iridium allready have magnecor leads so thought i would finish it off.

- Brake Fluid Change - Castrol SRF Racing Brake Fluid , Completley overkill £59.99 for the brake fluid change + SRF but if i ever track it apprentley this stuff is the DADDY !

- Fanbelt change

- Diagnostics

Then i spent around £60 on loads of great megs gear to add to my little collection

P1000324%20(Medium).JPG

P1000296%20(Medium).JPG

On the Ramps

P1000300%20(Medium).JPG

Up she go's

P1000303%20(Medium).JPG

P1000305%20(Medium).JPG

Scousers have nicked my wheels :\

Last edited:

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
P1000317%20(Medium).JPG

New Pads - ooo luvly

P1000310%20(Medium).JPG

Shiny refurbed brakes

P1000316%20(Medium).JPG

Shiny refurbed brakes again

P1000325%20(Medium).JPG

Being worked on

Problem is now i think the idle control valve has gone because as i was getting within 20 miles of my house it simply wouldent idle just kept stalling

I love this car, really flew to brum today the way it handles just dosent stop amazing me. Love it to bits and simply cannot wait to get it on the track sometime this year.

New Tyres on tuesday , 4 Eagle F1s

Hope you enjoyed my little write up

Sam :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Rich1988 said:
Saw one of these the other day, reg T1 FRP.
Thought it looked wider than a standard puma :)

I also saw i really nice ford puma today.. V8 FRP

First ever FRP i have ever seen, sooooo wide and sexy!!

But pumas dont have V8's right?!

How many were made? There very rare.

Permabanned
wtf £900, even I could have done 3/4 of those jobs... either the parts were hand delivered by the Ford racing team themselves or you got screwed!

Man of Honour
£900 does sound pretty damn extortionate Sam - what exactly did they do that was so special? You could probably have replaced the entire braking system for that.

Back
Top Bottom