DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D and Tagan TG530-U15 530W PSU

Associate
Hi ther I have the above and currently having trouble getting the pc to boot up (no video display) Does anyone know if this motherboard has any issues with this psu??

Mul

Mul

Associate
Did you make sure you have the following plugged in as well as the ATX 24pin connection:

- 4pin molex into the mobo
- floppy drive style power cable into the mobo
- ATX 12V cable into the mobo

Mul

Associate
I had problems with a Tagen 580 U15 the 12v was going down to 11.4v or something low 11's I can't remember exactly it was a while back, the U15 series are fairly well known for a weak 12v line, could you measure the 12v with a multimeter?

Associate
Have you had the board working at all, or has it refused since you installed it?
Any beeps?
Diagnostic LEDs?
Is it booting but just no display?

It's a picky board: could be the memory. Tried with just one stick?

Associate
I have exactly that, a U15 530W with an SLI-D and it seems to run fine, even with my 7800gt. Plays all current games fine e.t.c seems a little slow just after quitting a game, things are abit unresponsive, dont think thats the psu though. I noticed the 12v go down to 11, was abit annoyed about that considering tagans supposedly decent reputation.

Associate
OP
I haven't connected the 4 pin power supply next to the 24pin yet so I am going to try that next - with booting up the light comes on next to the memory sticks, fan on the artic 64 pro spins aswell as the fan on the dfi board, also an led on a pci dvt card lights up but there is no display coming out of it at all. Im pretty sure its not the graphics card either as ive swapped the original pci-e one with a new pci-e one. The ram should be ok even tho im going to upgrade. The ram is working fine in the pc I am using at the moment. Just a shame really as I got a Opty 146 I cant yet use :(

Associate
How about the diagnostic LEDs? These are a row of 4 red LEDs at the bottom left of the board (near the pci slots) which tell you the boot sequence, which normally goes:

"4 LEDs on = Power applied
3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK
2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK
1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK
0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on." (Quoted from ExRoadie on dfi-street.com)

DFIs often hang with 3 LEDs on, i.e. a problem detecting the RAM, but they can hang up at any stage. Is your board showing any of these?

Associate
Maxx1984 said:
I haven't connected the 4 pin power supply next to the 24pin yet so I am going to try that next - with booting up the light comes on next to the memory sticks, fan on the artic 64 pro spins aswell as the fan on the dfi board, also an led on a pci dvt card lights up but there is no display coming out of it at all. Im pretty sure its not the graphics card either as ive swapped the original pci-e one with a new pci-e one. The ram should be ok even tho im going to upgrade. The ram is working fine in the pc I am using at the moment. Just a shame really as I got a Opty 146 I cant yet use :(

Its essential you plug the 4 pin power next to the 24 pin, plus the molex connector located at the centre of the motherboard AND the fdd connector thats close to the molex connector, without all these connected i'd be surprised if you'd be able to boot at all. Just because your memory works in another system does not mean it will work in your SLI-D, cant stress that enough. Dfi boards are extremely picky about ram, use one stick in the orange slot 2 at first. These steps are a must.

Back
Top Bottom