• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

shuttering problem..graphic cards or dell 24" monitor

Soldato
I see very bad shuttering in games on my dell 24" widescreen even with the fps at 60 or more...I have tryed just about everything i can think of to get rid of it..with no luck.

Am now starting think it is a problem with my monitor..

Is there anyway software program i can test my monitor with??

Or any other help will be very welcome.

(Am hoping to take my pc to my friends house in a few days time to test it on his monitor)

Soldato
Its not the monitor if you really do mean 'stuttering'.
I assume you mean occasional & noticable pausing regardless of FPS.

Try running the game with the affinity set in task manager to a single CPU. Also ensure Cool & Quiet is DISABLED.

Soldato
OP
I already tryed the cpu affinity trick..

Try it with only one 7800gtx as well..
Tryed many different forceware drivers.
Installed AMD daulcore driver
Installed microsoft daulcore hotfix..

It happens at all res and with aa/AF inabled & disabled..details on games set to max and min settings i tryed..

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Boogle said:
No Fast Writes on PCI-E ;) No AGP Aperture either.

I just looked as well..

Thanks for the replys..

I just changed my memory to 2t timing while i was in the bios to see if that makes any diffence..

I going test some games now..

Soldato
OP
sunlitsix said:
set negative LOD bias to clamp and conformant texture clamp to on in the driver control panel, see if that helps

Thanks,,i try that next...

Changing my memory to 2t has seemed to help a lot...Could it be my memory timing are wrong..There on default setting...I don't know what to set them to.

Soldato
chaparral said:
Thanks,,i try that next...

Changing my memory to 2t has seemed to help a lot...Could it be my memory timing are wrong..There on default setting...I don't know what to set them to.

Try putting the timings back,as custom timings to 1T CAS 2.5 8-4-4 and see if that helps. If not, try 2T CAS2.5 6-3-3, and see if that works. If either work better, especially the 1T one, then tweak it for max speed without stuttering, and perhaps get an overclock?

Make sure your ram is running at PC3200 (DDR400/200MHz) not higher, cos that might have affected your stability etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom