Sky HD advert/website

Soldato
I was just lookin at Sky via broadband - which seems like a good idea ( if you cant have sat dish on a rental properly) until I found out that all their sports channels ( 1 and 2) are only download clips rather than live matches - which is a real missed opportunity I think

Really lookin forward to Sky HD, and hope they can work something with BBC/ITV to broadcast HiDef World Cup matches

Man of Honour
Telewest say they'll be broadcasting the BBC matches in HD on their TVdrive, so i'd imagine Sky will do the same, cant see them wanting to miss out to Telewest.

Various broadcasters are planning to launch high definition channels in 2006, including the BBC which is planning to show the World Cup in high definition.

Soldato
Orifice, I think I was reading What Video or something and article in there was saying Telewest service is only in very restricted demo at the moment - do you know any more or different?

Just looked at TW's site and its not saying much - but might well be tempted to get telephone , broadband and this tv box all from them when I move.

Will be in a rented flat so adding a satellite dish will probably be a no go

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Telewest HD is limited to a trial of about 400 people in South London at the moment.

I have the standard box and in the teleport options there's a list of HD programs that can be viewed, they'e all documentaries.

If the WC is in HD then I'll definitely be getting it but I don't think it's a certainty yet

Back
Top Bottom