Sisoft Sandra problems :(

Associate
I recently upgraded my machine to the spec in my sig, and its all lovely working a treat nice and speedy, no overclocking yet but i will be shortly, Battlefield 2 works especially well and im very happy.

The one problem i am having is with Sisoft Sandra, i downloaded it to simply look at all the details it had to offer and was going to run a few benchmarks. I got to look at one set of info (think it was the "General System Info" or similar) button, but when i clicked on the "Motherboard Info" button the whole machine instantly shut off. It didnt shut down - just went off.

I turned it back on again and booted without problems, and decided to remove Sandra as i scared me half to death. But, out of interest - does anyone know why it did this?

I have all the latest drivers...Chipset, GFX, etc all from the Nvidia website...and everything else runs a dream, BF2, Farcry 64...etc..etc...etc...

Im using Windows XP x64 edition with all the latest updates, and i was using Sisoft Sandra (64bit edition) Beta. Could it just be the fact that its still in beta testing?

Help! :p

Associate
OP
Have been searching on Google for the past couple of days whenever i can and cannot find anything related to a problem like this...so am still holding out hope that someone will see this post and have had similar problems or know what the problem might be!

Associate
OP
Thanks matey, i was hoping it was a problem with the piece of software rather than me - i realise a beta isnt going to be perfected and so hope this is the case...

I shall research into everest - and hope it runs on x64!

Oh and no i couldnt find a forum - or any related results in Google. Ill put it down to sandra being a beta and leave it at that :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom