DELETED_5350

Soldato
If you go down to a local Tesco store, you can pick up CS:Source, CS1.6 and Day Of Defeat Source for £20. That doesn't come with HL2 though.

Wait for DaveyD to arrive. He's your man. :) ;)

Associate
OzZie said:
If you go down to a local Tesco store, you can pick up CS:Source, CS1.6 and Day Of Defeat Source for £20. That doesn't come with HL2 though.

Or buy it someone online for £15 ;)

You shouldn't find it too hard to pick up a copy of HL2 for less than £20 as well, which comes with the HL2 game and Counter-Strike: Source, but does NOT come with Day of Defeat: Source (which is why I got the above package instead, plus I don't play HL2 anyways).

Associate
Counter Strike Source is the newest version thats the one you need. Download Steam which is the program you need to have to play Counter Strike Srouce.
Download Here

Create an account. Then once all that is done you click store which is a tab near the top. Then when you click that you can choose what game you want. Once you have bought it you have to download it which will take around 4 or 5 hours depending on your connection speed. Once that is done load it up click options and choose a name you can change your name in Counter stike when ever you want. Then visit my server :). To join a server click find servers. To add a server click favourites and add a server tab. Put my ip in 195.242.236.135:27025. Hope this helped. Oh by the way the game are in dollars but theyre cheaper in pounds cs should be £13. Hope this helped.

Soldato
how good is your pc mate? your looking at a high end athlon xp with something like a 9800pro for css at max. if not csv1.6 is good also.

Man of Honour
Ideally, you want to buy it offline, as you get far more value for your money than you do on Steam.

Check out the Steam FAQ in my sig for specific packages, or look at the Steam website.

Counter-Strike, if you're new to the whole thing, I'd suggest going straight for Counter-Strike: Source, as you'll probably enjoy it more because of the graphics. It may or may not run like a bit of a dog on your system, depending on what you own.

For Counter-Strike: Source, you want to try getting hold of the Original Half-Life 2 new, as that comes with Half-Life 2, CS:S, HL2: DM.

If you just want CS:S, then you can buy it individually retail pretty cheaply, and it comes with Day of Defeat: Source. Only downside to this is that you wont own Half-Life 2 then, and wouldn't be able to use any new modifications for the Source Engine until you own Half-Life 2. But if you want to just play CS:S, then you'd be okay.

If you want classic CS 1.6, get yourself a copy of Counter-Strike 1: Anthology, can be had for <£10 retail, and contains all the other Counter-Strike variants (excluding CS:S), CS1.6, CS: Condition Zero.

Back
Top Bottom