• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Disappearing Objects

Associate
In day of defeat: source, battlefield 2 demo i seem to get objects that appear once close to them and disappear again at a certain distance. I know this is a problem with low spec cards but i have a 7800gt. Is this just a mapping error ? or is something wrong with the card ? I have latest drivers for 7800gt and have dx 9c installed. Some info would be appreciated, cheers.

Soldato
It isnt the card, it is the draw distance. Either increase to it's max (if it isnt already) or... do nothing. Limitations of the game not your computer.

Soldato
And..............

BF2
It's a stupid fault of the stupid game !
It's one thing on the list of fixes in the next patch (well the distance thing is). Happens more on some maps than others and more in some vehicles than others. Damn annoying. I often see just the shadow of the helicopter that kills me !

Associate
OP
So youre saying the disappearing objects happens for everyone then ? thats a relief, thought my card was damaged. I havent seen any options for draw distance in the nvidia display settings, where can i find this setting ? or is it set only within the game ? Also, in the bf2 demo, the grass looks awful in places and the ground textures arent that great either, everything on high settings. Is that normal ? Answers appreciated, cheers.

Soldato
BF2 doesnt actually look very good, due to the nature of the game. It is online, massive maps, 64 player and vehcles. If it had the same sort of graphics as FEAR for example it would cripple everything

Back
Top Bottom