iTunes - Base and Center Speakers Not Working

Soldato
Hi there,

I have 5.1 Surround Sound setup and my Base and Center speakers don't seem to play the music.

The rear speakers are ok and when I do a sound test in the creative program and they respond (all speakers do)

Whats happening.

Thanks...

Soldato
OP
Hi there,

I am still having no luck.

I have a Sound Blaster Live! 24bit

I have tried playing music in Windows Media Player too, and still no joy, I don't get any output from the bass.

Thanks...

Soldato
OP
Hi there,

Sorry about the bumping its just I really what to sort this problem out as it is really annoying as you cant really listen to music without a bass.

I have tried both ideas without success

Thanks....

Caporegime
Hi there,

Have you had a look at your speaker setup in the Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices?

Thanks....

Soldato
OP
Hi,

Yes I have had a look and its set to the appropriate (5.1 Surround Sound).

I 99.9% doubt its a cable problem as the bass plays when i do a sound test in the Creative software.

Thanks...

daz

daz

Soldato
Is it just in itunes you have this problem?

Is there an option in the itunes settings to tell it to use a 5.1 speaker system?

Soldato
I've always had this prob with itunes aswell. Fine in everything else, but only left and right front speakers play tunes :( I just assumed it was because most tunes are stereo so don't use 5.1?

Soldato
OP
Hi there,

Thanks for your responses. I don't believe there is an option to set 5.1 speaker system in itunes.

I have the same problem in Windows Media Player too.

Well, I have onboard sound aswell and when I plug the speakers into that and use that to play music, the bass works...

Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom