Camcorder film onto PC

Soldato
HI.

Need to pick some brains.

I have from many years ago, family films on camcorder, the old cassette type. Now i would like some way of putting these recordings onto my computer (with there sound) and then recording onto DVD to play on family members DVD players in there lounges.

I have a contraption. Which is a beige box that connects to the PC with usb. It has on it a variety of memory card slots, as well as S video and composite, audio, line in, video etc, phono sockets on it to take signals from my camcorder into my PC (was made by dazzle) but there software is stupid, only allows 15 minutes of video capture, no where nere enough, tapes are an hour long each and i have loads.

Now what program would i need to capture this into the computer. Ill use Nero ?? to then burn on to DVD.

If someone can point me in the right direction of what i need, and how to do it. then I would appreciate there knowledge.

Many thanks. the only way to watch these tapes at the moment is to either record onto VHS from camcorder or plug the camcorder into tv and play that way. Just would love to get it all on a few DVD's

PS: Admins, wasn't 100% sure where to put this post, please move if i have put in the wrong forum area.

Associate
I am pretty sure Windows Movie Maker will do this for you. I use to transfer stuff from my camcorder into WMV format via moviemaker. Although this is with a Firewire connection. I am pretty sure you shoulod be OK.

Back
Top Bottom