Recommend me a bike lock

Soldato
As above, I have a lovely Specialized Stumpy 05' and for the past 10 months we've been using a pretty cheap lock, but as I'm getting back into training, I'll be needing a good lock.

Bike will always be inside after usage, so at nights it will never be left out, however sometimes I do ride to college and on them one off rides, I will need a good reliable/strong lock.

I'v been checking out the specialized rapper slim range.

But, I'd like to hear recommendations from you guys :)

Soldato
Kryptonite make a pretty good selection of locks. You used to be able to get them from Halfords too, not sure if you still can though.

I've got a New York lock, which is their top one. Cost me £40 a couple of years back but you'd need some kind of industrial cutters like the the fire service use to cut cars apart to get through it.

There are some here, but any half decent U lock should do the trick.

Soldato
OP
I was looking at kryptonite locks. I'm really wanting to avoid a U-lock which is unpractical for my needs.

I'm now taking a nice long ride to JeJames. I was just checking out their range.

I'm liking *This* , *This* , *This* and *This*

I'll also be getting some other 'needs' :o :D

p.s Your linky was broken :)

Soldato
A got a superb one one by Kryptonite from Halfords last year. It's got a traditional U-lock *and* a cable which gives you enough flexibility to do both wheels but doesn't compromise security. It was about £40 I think and it has a £700 insurance thing as well if your bike is nicked due to the lock being hax0red.

Edit: This one, but the UK version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom