• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How do i change the fan speed on my X800

Associate
Hi all,

Just got a Abit RX800-Guru RADEON X800 256-bit 256MB AGP8X.

I heard people talking about changing fan speed on this forum.

Is there any way I can change the fan speed on the X800 to run faster to cool the card down a bit more as it's heating up to around 80 deg C when I play 3d games like Battlefield 2.

My Spec.:

Abit NF7-S
Athlon 3200+
2GB RAM (3 Sticks)
Abit RX800-Guru RADEON X800 256-bit 256MB AGP8X (connects to PSU)
1x160 GB HDD
1x40 GB HDD
DVD/CD RW Combo

I have 2 80mm Akasa case cooling fans.

Thanks for any help.

Paul.

Soldato
Yep, you can dowload a program called ATi Tool. Then go to options, then Fan Control, tick the box that says "overide fan speeds" and enter something like 100% in the box. Should stay at that speed then

Associate
OP
benjo1989 said:
Yep, you can dowload a program called ATi Tool. Then go to options, then Fan Control, tick the box that says "overide fan speeds" and enter something like 100% in the box. Should stay at that speed then

Thanks for that.

i downloaded ATI tool 0.24 and I can't find the option to change the fan speed.

Can you help me locate the setting?

Paul.

Associate
Fan control has it's own section in the settings screen/page.

I thought the x800s adjusted their fan speeds based on core temperature, over 80 degrees and the fan should automatically start spinning at 80-90%

Soldato
Trip Hazard said:
Fan control has it's own section in the settings screen/page.

I thought the x800s adjusted their fan speeds based on core temperature, over 80 degrees and the fan should automatically start spinning at 80-90%

On my X800XT-PE, the fan speed would only go at 100% when it was at 100 degrees lol :eek:

So i changed it to stay at 100%... can barely notice the extra noise over my CPU fan

Associate
I use the ati tool to regulate my fan speed on my x850xt as it was loud rather than hot. just go to Settings, click on the arrow on the right hand side of 'overcocking' to bring down the drop down box and select 'fan control'. In there select 'dynamic based on gpu temp' and set the fan speeds according to the temps you want to try and stay at. I've got mine set to be quiet at idle and get faster as the temp rises. It idles at 34'c and peaks a 62'c under load with the fan only spinning at 65% so still not too loud.

Associate
I set atitool to maintain a certain temp on my 850, 65c, yes it can be a bit noisy when playing games with tha fan at full speed but i usually wear headphones so i can't hear it :D

Back
Top Bottom