• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

asus v9999

Associate
Ok, well i have just brought an asus v9999 and i looked on the status of it and the bus is only 4x. Just wondering if it is meant to be this and whether i am able to change it to 8x. My previous card was only 4x AGP so maybe this is the problem?

daz

daz

Soldato
APG 8x to 4x is a very tiny difference, perhaps a few percent at most... If it's defaulted to 4x, I'd have thought your motherboard doesn't support AGP8x. But it's really nothing to worry about. :)

Man of Honour
It should be at 8x (i had a V9999GE) but as already stated if your motherboard only supports 4x then it will be defaulted to that.

Go into the bios and look under Advanced Chipset Features for a bit called AGP 2.0 speed/AGP 3.0 speed or similar and see if you are able to change it to 8x.

What is your motherboard make and model?

Associate
OP
erm i have no idea, but it is quite poor pc, so that is proably the reason.

Also, i have installed this smartdoctor program and it keeps coming up with warnings that the 'VCC' and 'AGPDDQ' is running over 20% of the normal, when i am in games such as cod2. Is this likely to be a problem or is it only normal?

Back
Top Bottom