Where to buy Unreal Tournament original?

Associate
I was wondering if anyone knew where it was possible to a largeish number of copies of Unreal Tournament (the original one). We're trying to set up some LAN gaming at work, and need to buy about 16 copies of the game. Needless to say these need to be legit copies.

Any ideas?

Associate
Try that well known online auction site. Should be plenty of copies on that.

edit: Epic brought out the 436 patch themselves which enabled you to play without the disc so maybe they really don't mind if you just buy the one copy ;)

Last edited:
Associate
we've been playing unreal every lunchtime for 3 years at work. For some strange reason, everyone puts their differences aside and gets stuck into the game, then dont talk to each other for the rest of the day...:)

Soldato
When UT first came out the IT manager at the company I worked for set up a company wide server with mutliple bots so we could just drop in and out of the game . The only obvious restriction was it had to be legal copies , virus checked and we could only play outside work hours.

If only all IT Managers could be so reasonable :(

Associate
OP
Yeah, or IT manager has approved it too, but on the condition that all copies of the games are properly licenced.

We're not actually managing to find a way of buying enough copies of the game though... very frustrating!

Associate
I've just had a read of the EULA for the original UT, this is what it states under the 'use' section:

USE:

You are permitted to use the Software in machine–readable only on a single computer, except that the multi-player executable file may be installed on more than one computer solely for the purposes of enabling multi-player play in accordance with the Software’s documentation.
You may copy the Software only to install it on a single computer and for backup purposes in support of your use of the Software, except that the multi-player executable file may be copied for the purposes of enabling multi-player play in accordance with the Software’s documentation.

Can someone clear that first sentence up? To me it sounds like you can install it for use on a LAN???? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom