Can anyone help regarding an Asus A8V Deluxe?

Associate
A friend of mine has this motherboard and needs some assistance. It's regarding installing XP on an SATA hard drive.

Am I right in saying that some motherboards these days don't require you to press F6 during Windows installation if you want to install onto an SATA drive? The thing is, he has two hard drives in his PC, an IDE and an SATA and he accidently wiped (formatted) his IDE drive because XP setup apparently failed to detect the SATA one. He tells me that his motherboard did not ship with a floppy disk which makes me think it should enable XP to detect SATA without having to install '3rd party drivers' using F6. Can someone confirm this?

And finally, what could be the reason that XP install didn't find the SATA drive? Could it be a BIOS setting?

Many thanks.

Associate
It needs a sata floppy disk thats why it didnt see the SATA drive, you dont get one in the box you have to make one yourself useing the motherboard cd, there is a file on there called make disk or somthing in the Via folder on the cd.

Associate
Cool need to do this with a machine that i have to build this week. The last one i built did not need any drivers either, pretty cool !

Would be good if they outlined this in the manuals though. Going to have a look now for the file on the cd ! :D

Anyone else have anything to add on this topic just out of interest?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom