Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
medium_playstation-ps3.jpg

or
xbox360c.gif

Which one do you prefer and why? :)

Man of Honour
Neither, we wont know until about 3 years once the games, which make or break the console, are out.

At the end of the day, they'll be very similar graphically wise. If that is the case, Xbox will ave its advantage of Live, PS3 will have its advantage of being the cool thing to have, and therefore sell lots more.

Sony has an advantage of having Blu-Ray player built in, but that advantage will only really be good for a few years down the line, once BD is as popular, if it becomes popular in that time. It will depend on how many people will have HD TVs then.

This will turn into a flameboy war I reckon. So has the chance of being closed.

I prefer the Xbox 360, as at the moment, Sony havn't actually proven anything about their PS3, everything they showed was either a rolling demo, or a stupid FMV they tricked the gullable into thinking they were actually ingame. But neither Sony of MS are innocent of trying to manipulate.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Rebel Master said:
oh and i dont like the pad on the PS3 (see above) it looks like a moon. yuk

I've heard Sony will be dropping / changing the design for that pad.

Personally I think the Xbox360 pad is the best pad I've ever used.

Soldato
DaveyD said:

It's simple! PS3 uses HDMI, which is digital, where as Xbox360 uses component output, which is analogue. And everyone know's the digital is faster than analogue. 1's and 0's are smaller so can travel much faster down a cable.

As a result the PS3 video output reaches the screen 34% faster than the Xbox360, hence the better framerates.

Soldato
In my opinion

Xbox 360 for design
Xbox 360 for Online capabilities
PS3 for games
PS3 potentially for graphics
PS3 for next gen media playback

This is all subject to change though as Sony could change the design/controller, could potentially copy XBOX Live! etc, or BluRay might not take off leaving the 360 with the advantage of costing less...hell, we don't even know when the PS3 will be out, let alone the cost!!

I don't think I'll be buying either until the PS3 is out, and by then hopefully the 360 will have come down in price + be more available + on a new revision to make it quieter just incase the PS3 is a total failure :)

Man of Honour
Tunney said:
I've yet to play a single game for the PS3 that I've liked. I prefer the Xbox 360. :p

That's because no games have been released for the PS3 :p

Phil99 said:
I don't think I'll be buying either until the PS3 is out, and by then hopefully the 360 will have come down in price + be more available + on a new revision to make it quieter just incase the PS3 is a total failure :)

The 360 isn't *that* loud... until it starts a DVD spinning up :p

I reckon the PS3 would be louder, as I'm guessing a BD-DVD would need to be spun quicker to get all the data off it? Or not.. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Sony have the advantage of being Japanese, so therefore is instantly a best seller in Japan. Infact Sony could just release an actual pile of turd with a Sony badge on it and it'll outsell the 360's in Japan.

They are funny people. I have to be honest, it annoys me, like it annoys me when people say 'I'm waiting for the PS3, it's better' I buy whats best at the time. Fanboys eh? Who'd not poke one in the eyes :)

Soldato
DaveyD said:
That's because no games have been released for the PS3 :p

I liked playing Killzone 2!!
..I mean I liked watching the video of somebody playing Killzone 2
..I mean I liked watching the in-game FMV of Killzone 2
..I mean I liked watching an artist's impression of Killzone 2

I like the idea of Killzone 2.

:p

Man of Honour
Raider said:
I liked playing Killzone 2!!
..I mean I liked watching the video of somebody playing Killzone 2
..I mean I liked watching the in-game FMV of Killzone 2
..I mean I liked watching an artist's impression of Killzone 2

I like the idea of Killzone 2.

:p

Problem is, a lot of people will still believe the 2nd line. Mainly the 10-14 year olds who don't have a technical clue, but the PS2 is obviously the best console out now, and the PS3 is still obviously the best console in the world ever!!! (Because Sony are cool don't you know, you're a loser and you'll get beaten up if you like MS more... :p )

Soldato
As ive got an Xbox360 thats my favorite, when the PS3 is released I will be getting that and then I wont have a favorite, im not interested in which is the better console, only in the games, no doubt the PS3 will have some great games and the Xbox will have some great games. :S

Soldato
DaveyD said:
Problem is, a lot of people will still believe the 2nd line. Mainly the 10-14 year olds who don't have a technical clue, but the PS2 is obviously the best console out now, and the PS3 is still obviously the best console in the world ever!!! (Because Sony are cool don't you know, you're a loser and you'll get beaten up if you like MS more... :p )

There's a terrible gaming program on TMF, or some other music channel. Really bad, but they ended one show a couple of months back with that footage and the presenter finished before it with "And finally i'll leave you with some exclusive in-game footage of Killzone2 for the PS3..."

So exclusive it was at E3 5 months earlier.. :rolleyes:

Soldato
This thread is the stuff that playground fights are made of :p

(And checking the OP's age, thats exactly what might happen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom