• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

amd 3000 xp athlon oc whats best poss ?

Associate
hi all i have the above processor but id like to get bit more juice from it til summer when upgrade.what would it clock to its at stock at moment 2.2g but ive seen some with it at like 2.5 how would this compare to like a newer processor if clocked at these speeds say like a 3200 venice would mine be quicker or not thanks.
3000xp athlon socket a 333fsb.

Permabanned
I have one of these cpu's and its a very poor clocker. I could only get the fsb up to 180. About a 100mhz increase which I couldn't even notice the difference with. I might have been unlucky and others might clock better but from what I've read a lot of these are poor clockers.

I doubt you would be able to match the speed of the 3200 64 with this chip as the 3200 64 has double the cache.

Back
Top Bottom