What a BMW looks like after 190k - Pics

Transmission breaker
Don
Good Afternoon OCUK peeps :D

My BMW took its odometer over 190k today, one step closer to the big 200k! So, it was treated to new tyres a clean and something else new. Can anyone guess what it is?

BMnow1.jpg

BMnow2.jpg

BMnow3.jpg

Now, the dilema, do i sell it now, or just drive it till it no longer makes economical sense?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Unless you are bored with it i'd drive it until it dies. Looks absolutely great btw :)

Btw do you have an o2 xda exec? Think i might have seen you on a thatcham train a week or 2 back.

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Jez said:
Unless you are bored with it i'd drive it until it dies. Looks absolutely great btw :)

Btw do you have an o2 xda exec? Think i might have seen you on a thatcham train a week or 2 back.

lol, i have an M5000 (same thing) but its possible, i get the train to and from work when i forgot to get petrol the night before, lol

You should have said hi!

Lights were one of the first things i did, apart from the rears which i didnt get hold of till a few months ago.

The plates i put on about 8 months ago..

Re-spray - I love you - but wrong!

Wipers - Did them about 10k ago, still going strong.

Exhaust - Damn you man, spot on!

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks lovely, I wouldn't bother selling it, you won't get much for it, so its not like you'll lose much if you keep running it. Not worth the hassle if your still happy with it.

Out of interest, how much of it has done 190k and not been replaced?

Caporegime
Looking superb mate, I often wish (from a financial point of view) that I'd kept my 318i and ran that until 200k (175k when it went) that e34 looks superb.

Otherwise, you have a fine e34, keep it, run it into the ground, you'll find it has a while to run yet.... (I know of 300k+ e34's ;) )

Edit , did'nt realise the exhaust was new.....

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
andi said:
Looks lovely, I wouldn't bother selling it, you won't get much for it, so its not like you'll lose much if you keep running it. Not worth the hassle if your still happy with it.

Out of interest, how much of it has done 190k and not been replaced?

Everything, is original afaik, apart from consumables (pads/discs) the waterpump was resplaced about 500 miles ago (38 quid), Spoiler, which it didnt have before.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Malt_Vinegar said:
lol, i have an M5000 (same thing) but its possible, i get the train to and from work when i forgot to get petrol the night before, lol

You should have said hi!

I was literally walking off the train when i thought i saw you - i think it was you remembering back to video's you have posted. You were on the phone too so bursting in would have been a little rude. :)

Transmission breaker
Don
OP
Jez said:
I was literally walking off the train when i thought i saw you - i think it was you remembering back to video's you have posted. You were on the phone too so bursting in would have been a little rude. :)

Sounds like me, spend far too much time on my mobile.

Fair enough, well you have my permission to interrupt me whenever, from now on :p

Would be nice to meet yet another OCUKer :D

Soldato
212500 miles is what my fathers e28 Beemer has done.Its in great shape man for an 82 model.

Their engines never die.Only changed the piston rings.The mechanic was amased with the lag of wear of the motor.No the cylinders are not oval shaped yet...so only 4 piston rings were changed (518model)+i should add that the beemer was always overloaded in trips + pulling a more than a ton motorboart :D every summer+

Back
Top Bottom