Can this be done?

Guv

Guv

Soldato
I want to be able to keep an eye on an item I've got on ebay from work. However, the ebay website is blocked by work :mad:

Is there any way I can have the ebay page I want to view load in another webpage hosted on my webspace that I can access from work, or as soon as it trys to load data from ebay will it be blocked?

If there's a chance it'll work how do I go about having the ebay page load in mine?

thanks

Associate
You could try an iframe but I don't know if it will work:

a simple do like this:
Code:
<html>
<body>

<iframe src="EBAY PAGE" height="100%" width="100%">
</iframe>

</body>

</html>
Something like that anyway

Last edited:
Associate
Mr_L said:
I don't think so, it will probably be filtered out at the proxy so you'd have to bypass that.

You're probably right actually

I'm not the best in PHP but could you use it and echo it onto your site?
EDIT:
Code:
<?php
include 'thepage';
?>

Last edited:

Guv

Guv

Soldato
OP
philio16 said:
vnc to your home pc and view it through there?

I tried that on Friday but port 5900 appears to be blocked. 5800 appeared to be ok but both are needed AFAIK. I'll try an alternative port, but not sure which to try yet.

Soldato
Cant you do a web request in PHP? Certainly possible in ASP/ASP.NET really simply. Web request to the page in question and write out the response.

If you do need to create something to navigate away from the page (ie click a link) it gets a bit more complicated if the site is using sessions or cookies.

Alternative is to use one of those auction sniper sites?

Associate
The way we used to get round that at my last place was to google search the page and get in that way rather than access it via the address bar. I'm guessing that works because of the carp way the proxy was set up!!

Back
Top Bottom