• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ati x1800xt fouling dfi nf4 sli d chipset fan?

Associate
Hi there, I 've found that I'm not able to seat the card properly in the first or second pcie slots :( This is due to the chipset fan being in the way. Anyone else have this problem, and what did you do? I have been looking at the expert sli board, seems the fan isn't in the way as much so maybe I could head down this route?

TY

Soldato
Madwelsh said:
Hi there, I 've found that I'm not able to seat the card properly in the first or second pcie slots :( This is due to the chipset fan being in the way. Anyone else have this problem, and what did you do? I have been looking at the expert sli board, seems the fan isn't in the way as much so maybe I could head down this route?

TY

It will still fit. Just because the card overhangs the fan does not mean the fan wont work. If your motherboard is fitted properly (ie not slightly bent) any graphics card should sit a few millimetres away from the fan. If it touches it, refit your motherboard.

This pic shows how my 7800gt overhangs the fan. While its not a x1800, all cards should fit in the same way.

IMG_0029.JPG

Associate
OP
quick question, I got the dfi nf4 sli d from a mate, he had it in sli mode, I could tell as the jumpers were left in sli mode, I changed them back, but i get the dreaded 1 light left on when i try to start the board. All other components have been tested on another board and work 100%. I've tried starting with just one stick of ram in dimm2, it's quite weird, when it starts all fans are 100% even the x1800xt, then it gets to the last diagnostic light, then the fans all go into like 1% speed, no picture on screen. Tried cmos clear, safe boot, the works.. gah.. running out of ideas.. any suggestions? Power is supplied by enermax liberty.

TY

Back
Top Bottom