• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6800gs strange 3Dmark scores and don't know why?

JDL

JDL

Associate
i've fiddled with my cpu and ram and though it time to fiddle with the old GFX card.

i have a 6800gs on a a8n-sli deluxe mobo and [email protected]

stock score = 5704
core: 485 mem freq: 1.1

so i installed coolbits and began moving the sliders (in 3d performance only)

i started to get strange scores from here on

500/1.14: 5690 (a decrease)
505/1.14: 6120 (looking better this is using the optimum setting)
524/1.2: 6120 (does dropping the mem make that much of a difference even though the core is 20mhz higher?)

just wondered if anyone can explain why i'm getting these scores?

thanks in advance?

Last edited:
Soldato
JDL said:
i've fiddled with my cpu and ram and though it time to fiddle with the old GFX card.

i have a 6800gs on a a8n-sli deluxe mobo and [email protected]

stock score = 5704
core: 485 mem freq: 1.1

so i installed coolbits and began moving the sliders (in 3d performance only)

i started to get strange scores from here on

500/1.14: 5690 (a decrease)
505/1.14: 6120 (looking better this is using the optimum setting)
524/1.2: 6120 (does dropping the mem make that much of a difference even though the core is 20mhz higher?)

just wondered if anyone can explain why i'm getting these scores?

thanks in advance?

Might be throttling.

JDL

JDL

Associate
OP
i've been informed and told by people on here that this card is good clocker.
what is more important the core speed or the mem. frequency. would i be better having a higher core or higher mem. freq. ?

JDL

JDL

Associate
OP
johnny, got a zalman 9500 position directly infornt of my exhaust with a 90mm blowing cool air on to the top of the zalmans copper 'flower' temps don't exceed 44 (prime95 running for 1h 45m)

Soldato
Throttling can happen regardless of what the temperature is, it is throttling when the core does not get enough voltage to run at the overclocked setting, the only way to stop that is to mod the BIOS with a higher GPU voltage.

What you can do however is enable adjustment of the low power 3D mode in Rivatuner, that way when the card throttles it throttles to the low power 3D setting, if you set that to the same speed it will continue to run overclocked.

JDL

JDL

Associate
OP
is that safe to do?

i've done a few more tests and it seems the best core/ mem config i've got to is just over 6000marks and thats 505/1.1 with i run 520/1.5 i get just 6120. will have a look at that rivatuner proggy and let you know how it has gone.

cheers

JDL

JDL

Associate
OP
do sparlies and artifacting eventaully damage the card then?

i've got rivatuner now and tick the box you suggested however i don't know how to apply these settings!!!???

anybody?

cheers

Soldato
JDL said:
do sparlies and artifacting eventaully damage the card then?
Yes, I think it's safe to say that the card/core will be damaged if you keep running.

I think for low-power 3D mode to be changeable you need to enable it in the extra settings or power settings (I am at work now so can't remember the name)

Back
Top Bottom