Cancelling X-Box live

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Just wondering if when you cancel X-box live whether you can rejoin under the same account name at a later date?
Don't really want to spend £40 renewing it atm but I might do at a later date, especially when I get a 360 but it'd be nice if I could keep the same username then. :)

Associate
Defantly cant keep the same name after you cancel, I found that out yesterday after speaking to Microsoft, you can always add 360 after your name like I did.

Old Xbox Live - Agr3sive
Xbox360 Live - Agr3sive 360

as you can see I put a lot of thought into my new name :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Hmm I'll have a think then. Not paying £40 to renew because I don't use it enough but if I can find a subscription somewhere for cheap then I might do.

Thanks for the help :)

Associate
Game were doing a old Xbox Live subscription with PGR2 for 19.99 if you purchased anything else, and I believe they sell things like cables for a couple quid, you can then off course migrate it when you get a 360.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Agr3sive said:
Game were doing a old Xbox Live subscription with PGR2 for 19.99 if you purchased anything else, and I believe they sell things like cables for a couple quid, you can then off course migrate it when you get a 360.

That's the deal I got. Bought a King Kong pin badge for a quid and the XboxLive pack for £19.99. :)

Soldato
Game arent doing that deal AFAIK, but you can get them for a little over £20 on the auction sites. HMV were still doing BOGOF on the PGR2 pack, so costs £40 for 2 years. I could try to get hold of one for you if you like (They had more last tiem I was in), and Ill pass the other subscription on to someone else for £20. Let me know.

Associate
PiKe said:
I'm almost positive that linking your live account to your passport will retain the username.

It will do until you cancel the account, the bloke at Microsoft said that as soon as they delete an account they have to delete the username permantly as well to stop any kind of fraud.

I bought a Xbox Live subscription in July and cancelled it in September as I sold my xbox, shame I dint know about migration at the time, I just had to fork out another 40quid for my 360 live.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
PiKe said:
I'm almost positive that linking your live account to your passport will retain the username.
I've just done it just in case :)

roboffer said:
Game arent doing that deal AFAIK, but you can get them for a little over £20 on the auction sites. HMV were still doing BOGOF on the PGR2 pack, so costs £40 for 2 years. I could try to get hold of one for you if you like (They had more last tiem I was in), and Ill pass the other subscription on to someone else for £20. Let me know.
I'll have a look tomorrow :) should be in the area to check. Thanks for the offer though. :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
That;s not what I'm trying to do though :confused:
What I want to do is cancel my X-Box live subscription for a few months then when I have the money resubscribe keeping the same name. Or really, I just want to know if that's possible at all. :)

Caporegime
But Silver doesn't cost a dime so why would you want to completely cancel it?

There's 2 tier's of live now:

Silver = £0/pa but you can't play against anyone.

Gold = £40/pa and you get full functionality.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Because I'm talking about X-Box Live not X-Box 360 Live. I don't get a choice of types of subscription :p It's all or nothing :/

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Nope :/ I get told to look on x-box live on the console which then offers either renewing for £39.99 or subscribing monthly.

Back
Top Bottom