PGR3 Gold Medal Cone Challenges

Soldato
I've finished the solo career on Silver and I'm going through again 'going for gold' as Henry Kelly would say. Now races, speed challenges etc I can do but I can't get anywhere near the kudos points needed on any of the cone challenges.

I've tried changing to the McLaren F1 and F50 GT but I still can't figure out how I'm supposed to do them.

Hehe, I'm happy to admit I'm pants but I'm stubborn so I want to do it. I'm trying to handbreak turn after every cone, I'm sliding and getting through every cone etc but I'm still only getting 50% of the kudos points. I'm obviously really missing something :)

So this is a cry for help; hints and tips please, or even better a video of someone doing one.

Caporegime
You pretty much need to complete the whole challenge without losing your mulitiplier, using the fastest cars available to you isn't really going to help though, I used an enzo and tvr sagaris which were fine.

Soldato
I used the Plamer Sport Jaguar for all my Gold cone challenges. The only one that gave me any trouble, was the first one on Her Majesty's Pleasure, and that was me losing my combo at the same point, every time.

Basically, you need to keep up enough speed to go through the cone gates WITHOUT losing your combo (so you can't go too slow, or hit a cone), and then throw in a slide at the corners to keep it going.

Soldato
i find race thru it, then at the end u usually have a good 10 seconds or so of tie left, do a fat donut b4 the finish line. Works sometimes, admittedly is much harder to squeeze it all in on gold.

Soldato
the viper works well too for cones challenges. Dont forget that you can complete any challenge in any class car and it will adjust the amount of time you have accordingly.

Soldato
dont use the "best" cars you have for racing events... they are near enough useless when going for mega kudos.

You want to try to combo every cone (really not as hard as it sounds in PGR3).

Try using the TVR Sagaris to start you off, that will help show you the way!! I also like the Lotus elise aswell but that is personal preference... the TVR is the best bet to start you off....

~J~

~J~

Soldato
RUF Concept was the best for me, zipped through the entire courses with literally loads of seconds to spare, car hugged the road plus kinda glided through the cones on corners.

Soldato
OP
Lol, hands up, it's beat me.

Tried the RUF RTurbo, TVR Sagaris, and had my best attempt (trying Her Majestys Pleasure one) with 5000 kudos with the Ultima GTR on manual transmission and stuck in 2nd gear the whole way round.

Just can't figure it out. How slow is too slow to end the combo? Does going through a set of cones keep the combo up? Is it 2 seconds to do another kudos manuouvre before the combo ends?

I've got an 'A' rank in Kameo and found all the items, completed Condemned (100% achievements) but this ranks as the most infuriating thing I've tried thus far... lol... have to laugh really... been at it 2 hours now and aaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

.. ok .. one more try ..

Caporegime
Remember you don't need to go through each cone gate, going through the gates can actually be a bad idea sometimes (Exit of corner etc) just keep the multi up and keep doing little moves all the way round the track, gold is easy platinum is quite hard, also as other have said don't go for the fastest car you own, use a car you know well and can throw around without it spinning.

Soldato
OP
Woop, finally done it.

I'd basically been a dumb ass and not only didn't understand how cone challenges worked, but how the whole kudos combo system worked. I was trying to slide between each set of cones and didn't know that just going through the cones at a good enough speed kept the combo up..

Anyway, thanks for the all advice :) You've saved my sanity and the mrs just said she feels she can come back in the room now ;)

Soldato
lol nice one mate... but like J says - try PLatinums now

haha we will need a whole new forum for that :( they are v. hard.

Not only do u need to string ever cone but you need to pull off some damn good moves aswell along the way!!

But the best thing is find a car that works best FOR YOU. You need to be at one with the car lol... I haev been trying some RUF's aswell after suggested and they seem quite easy to work with!

Soldato
yeah I love it for drifting, it just glides like a figure skater haha... If you read the notes its name means "battle-axe" for it's ability to cut through anything haha...

There are others that are more "accurate" and "responsive" but not many have this combined with a great drift....

Soldato
I was too struggling on the cones on gold , m8 of mine said just race through the cones, don't worry about tricks.

So i used the ford concept car, first one u get all open one, and just raced through every cone set, and on tight corners just did a small skid too keep the points going while i went for the next cone, worked everytime for me was hitting 15k easy, done the gold now i got the plat one to go not looking forward to it.

Pee

Pee

Associate
The sledgehammer car (looks like a corvette) is pretty decent for drifting, its also got a really nice chatter to it :D

Permabanned
smcshaw said:
Woop, finally done it.

I'd basically been a dumb ass and not only didn't understand how cone challenges worked, but how the whole kudos combo system worked. I was trying to slide between each set of cones and didn't know that just going through the cones at a good enough speed kept the combo up..

Anyway, thanks for the all advice :) You've saved my sanity and the mrs just said she feels she can come back in the room now ;)

Now its my turn to do these on gold :o

Back
Top Bottom