Athlon 64 3200/ Abit UL8/ 512MB GeIL PC3200 Problem-No Display Or Beeps

Associate
Hi everyone,

I received the AMD Athlon 64 3200 Retail / Abit UL8 / 512MB GeIL PC3200 CAS2.5 Dual Channel Kit - Bundle (BU-011-OK) bundle this week and ive been having a bit of problems.
I installed the motherboard, memory and CPU, connecting only my hard drive (IDE), graphics card (ATI Radion 9700 Pro) and LCD monitor (Hyuandi 19" digital out). When I power it on, the CPU fan and graphics card fan start up but nothing is displayed and no warning beeps occur. I have checked my internal speaker cable and its connected correctly.
I have tried putting the memory into DIMMS 3 & 4 rather than 1 & 2. I have also swapped the card for another agp card and analogue monitor. Nothing at all. I also reset the bios using the jumper.
Im going to try another CPU and memory and also try my memory and CPU in another persons PC. I cant do that until tomorrow though.
I just wanted to see if anyone has come across such a problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My thinking is that its a faulty motherboard, memory or cpu since ive pretty much ruled out any of my existing components.

Thanks

Jonny

Associate
Had a similar problem with a new system I built, were it would boot as far as telling me the type of processor fitted and then did nothing else. After a bit of testing found out it was one of the case usb ports on the front of the system that was causing the problem. Once I disconnected them, booted right up.

Associate
OP
I'll try another processor and some memory in it on Monday that I know works.
Once I figure out what it is, i'll get it sent back to OC. Dont really want to send them everything back since I really doubt all three parts are faulty :p
Bit of a bummer when you get faulty parts. Just as well I have another PC for some work I have to do for Monday :p

Permabanned
jonathan_g79 said:
I'll try another processor and some memory in it on Monday that I know works.
Once I figure out what it is, i'll get it sent back to OC. Dont really want to send them everything back since I really doubt all three parts are faulty :p
Bit of a bummer when you get faulty parts. Just as well I have another PC for some work I have to do for Monday :p
Send them all back, either way you won't be able to use the computer since parts will be missing, a lot easier than fault finding aswell.

MC_Bob

Associate
Hi

I have exactly the same bundle (BU-011-UK) and exactly the same problem.

Powers-up, CPU fan runs, but no beeps, no video, no sign of life.

Have checked all jumpers, connections, reset CMOS etc, but no joy.

Permabanned
MikeSW17 said:
Hi

I have exactly the same bundle (BU-011-UK) and exactly the same problem.

Powers-up, CPU fan runs, but no beeps, no video, no sign of life.

Have checked all jumpers, connections, reset CMOS etc, but no joy.

Have you sent a webnote to them?
If both of you are having the same problems they may want to know before they send more out.
http://contact.overclockers.co.uk

MC_Bob

Associate
My housemate bought the same motherboard/RAM from the bundle but used my old A64 3000+ (which I know works). He has exactly the same problem. The only way he can get it to semi work is to put 1 stick of RAM in slot 1 and also fully clear the CMOS (remove the battery too) and leave it for about an hour. Then it will boot up but when he tried to install windows it bluescreened and keeps doing it, so its a semi-positive result...but worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom