Corsair Cool - Cool, but not quiet.

Man of Honour
Hello all,

I've started the long but satisfying mission of silencing. A Zalman 700 cu has helped a little (stock 6800gt blower before :mad: ), as has an Amber.

Now that I've got the overall noise level down it's clear the pump that came with the Corsair cool (MCP350 Swiftech) is the source of the problem.

Can anyone advise a quiet (Silent maybe :confused: ) pump as this one simply will not do. Oh and flow doesn't matter too much seeing as it's only in loop with a 120.1 Rad and CPU block.

Thanks in advance for any info.

(I've read these forums for a pretty long while, so I'm not unfamiliar - just my first post :p )

Soldato
I would suggest you insulate the pump or maybe its faulty because I use 2 mcp350s in my pc and I can;t hear either of them. I say insulate because it vibrates, I wrapped mine in foam and shoved them in a drive bay.

Man of Honour
OP
I would try the foam method, but mine is already stuck firmly to the floor of my case with the anti vibration pad (Which apparently rips into uselessness when unstuck). Do you think it could be case resonation, as I have an ancient Xaser III (Rattly steel tbh)?

Back
Top Bottom