The Official Dell 2407WFP thread

Soldato
We all have heard little rumours about this monitor and i've been trying to find as much information as i possibly can about it and piece it all together.

So if you find any information regarding the monitor just pop it in this thread :)

At the moment it seems that Feb/March will be the release date for it, so keep an eye out on Dell USA as it will appear there first and then only a matter of time until it hits the UK.

I'm sure Gibbo will have some good information as soon as Dell release the information as i know OcUk are connected well with Dell.

By the looks of things it seems that it will have the same look as it's big brother (the 3007)

If that is anything to go by, expect the panel to be 8ms.

Something that isn't definate at the moment is the connections that it will have.

We all know what connections the 2005FPW and 2405FPW have and it's too long to list.

The 3007 ditched a lot of the connections (Will the 2407 do the same or will it continue in the sucess that the 2405 had?)

Anyone else got any info, post it here :D

As soon as i find more info and/or pictures i will supply them here :D

Andy

Soldato
Aruffell said:
By the looks of things it seems that it will have the same look as it's big brother (the 3007)
The 3007 is a thing of beauty, and I've actually got the money for one too, but it's a tad large for my uses!

If the 2407 is the same style though I'm gonna have to have a bloody good reason not to buy one...

Soldato
There willbe a 20" version yes, even though that model number looks wrong to me, dont know why because it should be right - if you get me

Soldato
If you are talking 2nd hand you will be right undoubtedly

I seem to remember however that somewhere else on here that it will be very like Amd's FX series in that Dell will not have the 2405/2005 on simultaneous release when they bring the updated range onto the market

Soldato
FrankJH said:
If you are talking 2nd hand you will be right undoubtedly

I seem to remember however that somewhere else on here that it will be very like Amd's FX series in that Dell will not have the 2405/2005 on simultaneous release when they bring the updated range onto the market

I guess they'd release 30, 24 then 20. More chance of people paying the higher prices then.

And yes I did mean 2nd hand :)

Soldato
t_aitch said:
Lets just hope theres more inpus than the 3007.

This is where I think we MAY be lucky - as the resolution isnt anywhere near as high, there is good reason for Dell to continue with the inputs as before

I can see a sort of point that very few pc's would be able to drive it at its optimum and to minimise the affects of complaints saying - oh it looks crappy thru vga or something ( you get the idea i hope) they took all the "lesser" connections away

I still think they should have had multiple hdmi /dvi slots though at the very least as well as componant

We will have to wait and see tho

Soldato
I wish that the dell 30" and 24" had daul DVI in and could run picture by picture in full screen..
So you could plug both the DVI out on you graphics card and then run daul desktop went wanted..

Why O why can't they do this..

Associate
Shant be getting rid of my 2405 that's for sure, the connections are great. PC on DVI,PS2 on component, Amiga 1200 on composite. Do like the new stand on the 30" though.

Soldato
crazyswede said:
What annoys me with my 2405fpw is that when running dvi you can't have vga in a window (PIP) or the other way around. You can only have component and the other inputs in a window. Or have I missed something?

I mainly brought my dell 24" in the first place thinking i could run one vga and one DVI input with full size picture by using picture by picture...

If there new 2407 can do this then i be buying one to replace my 2405 for sure.

Back
Top Bottom